Handley Page HP42/45, Contrail vacuformed 1/72

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Moa

The model looks great, the interior is fantastic and the loo rolls too.  Great work as always Moa.  Loving the mudguards too.

Keep up the great work.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris

It is inching its way to the finish line 😉

Cheers

• Like 1

A series of interlocking tabs -generally utilized in vac kits- is added to augment gluing surface and confer rigidity. Care must be exerted not to interfere with the location of bulkheads, hatches and such:

IMG_3732+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The ceiling for the two cabin sections will be provided as separate parts -with lights and such-, doubling as tabs too.

• Like 8

I stopped building models for about 10 years because everything I built was designed to kill, never thought of building civilian aircraft.  You have opened my eyes to the wonderful world of these 'nicer' aeroplanes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StephenCJ said:

I stopped building models for about 10 years because everything I built was designed to kill, never thought of building civilian aircraft.  You have opened my eyes to the wonderful world of these 'nicer' aeroplanes.

I am so very glad that a wider selection of kits is available now covering racers, tourers, airliners, and the like, and that many more can be represented from kits with minor changes and sometimes with just new decals and a different paint scheme.

When kids see my models and ask questions and I have to talk about them, it is so gratifying to convey a message or adventure, achievement, challenge, dreams, discovery, travel to wonderful places and so on so forth, so different from the subtext on other kind of model. Just in case someone is getting me wrong, I too regard history as interesting and a valuable lesson, and due especially to the latter, is that at some point I too stopped to perpetuate a message that did not make any sense to me anymore.

We can change the world one model at a time (may be...😁)

• Like 13

This is surely your magnificent octopus Moa, it will be a very hard act to follow.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

This is surely your magnificent octopus Moa, it will be a very hard act to follow.

Martian 👽

Nice to have a Martian translation (or should that be transliteration?) of magnum opus.

Brilliant work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice to have a Martian translation (or should that be transliteration?) of magnum opus.

It's not Martian it's Blackadder (Ink and Incapability afair) and a phrase I try to use myself.