Handley Page HP42/45, Contrail vacuformed 1/72

51 minutes ago, John Aero said:

Of course there'll be no flies in the pantry.. They'll all be in the toilet!!

John

The toilets were just for the crew, as we know, upper class British don't have butts nor they perform lesser body functions. They just explode when they reach full capacity, like Mr. Creosote.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Moa said:

The toilets were just for the crew, as we know, upper class British don't have butts nor they perform lesser body functions. They just explode when they reach proper size, like Mr. Creosote.

They get commoners to do it for them.

• Haha 5

Looks like the Battle of Atlanta to me. Or the aftermath of my cockroach extermination many years ago (in San Diego BTW)  So many seats.......

Edited by Marklo

11 minutes ago, Moa said:

The seats are glued in position:

IMG_3643+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

That photograph is damnably satisfying Moa.

You have restored order to the Universe through the medium of seating.

• Haha 3

The kit's mudguards are awfully inadequate, so I first tried to make them with engraved and pressed styrene:

IMG_3647+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

But that did not work, so I used one of the wheels I substituted for the kit's (awful too) to vac a couple of mudguards:

IMG_3649+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Some tweaking and a better result, but still have to add the ribbing and "flatten" a bit the trailing edge:

IMG_3650+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 7

The tables between opposite seats -as seen in photos- are added.
I asked my British wife if she would use the brand of hygienic paper suggested here by some members, and she blanched and was outraged. She said it was unladylike and ungentlemanly-like. So my passengers will most emphatically be using toilet roll, which I added too, and thank you very much but you can keep the creased sandpaper called Izal to yourselves as used in your flying saucers, offices or schools. My passengers were reputedly paying the equivalent of 20,000 pounds for the longest trips, so I think they deserve at the very least the courtesy of civilized toilet rolls, even if they lack bidets, which is on itself a scandal and not at all posh:

IMG_3651+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, StephenCJ said:

Good to see your wife has input, mine says be different and paint it pink.

Great modelling as always.

Stephen

She is my consultant in British modeling matters, although she wants to knit sweaters for my models in winter:

46884025995_8686e1520f_c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Well done Moa. The interior looks great, especially with that red racing stripe on the floor. They couldn't add one outside as this beast was slow... 😁

Getting all these seats, and the ones for the Ju 52, done shows just how patient you are. Love the mudguards.

Cheers,

Wlad

• Thanks 1

Love what you have done, I had to do a similar full interior on my Vanguard as the windows are quite large, but I think this is much better with the extra detail you have added

• Thanks 1