This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Des

Scam Standard Hits Rock Bottom

Had a recorded message telling me that the revenue were after me for unpaid taxes, after some confusion about what the UK tax collecting body was called, the message mentioned the the Federal Government of Britain. Big fail then. The same voice also told me a few days ago that BT was going to cut my internet off, well I did not know I was with BT, must ring my provider and ask. 

the federal government of Britain...  how does that work??

It is an interesting concept, if the UK did have a Federal form of Government, how would it work? Would regions like Yorkshire be a province with its own powers? then There might be zero rating of vat for flat caps.

Mr T, now living dangerously in Yorkshire.

I asked one of them for his credit card number so that he could pay me the one dollar a minute charge for taking my time. That was quite entertaining. He soon claimed I had intimate relations with my maternal ancestor though.

My dad once told a double glazing salesman that he wanted 310 windows and 40 doors, and he lived in Blenheim Palace. The sales guy got flustered and told him he'd get his supervisor to call back, which he did! When my dad told him he'd said he lived in Blenheim Palace the supervisor got the hint.

Ian

Got another one yesterday. Didn't have much time so resorted to a quick "I'm sorry, you seem to have reached the wrong department. This is for Nigerian millionaire scams. you want the Windows scam department. Please hold the line while I put you through" and hung up.

Posted (edited)

Can normally recognise a scam call because of the unusually long number on caller Id and then the pause and background noise so reckon that I have enough schoolboy French left from half a century ago to cause confusion   ...... parlez vous Francais , je ne comprendre Anglais pas , que'est que-ce Talk Talk ?

Edited by Des