This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Robkr1208

Minicraft Bonanzas

Looking for some advice really...

Has anyone here built any of the Minicraft Bonanzas and if so what is the quality of the kit like?  I have just recently returned to the hobby and do not have any experience of this brand.

Many thanks!

FWIW, I built Academy Minicraft Cessna 150 decades ago. I believe Bonanza kit came out at about the same time, along with their Piper Super Cub and Piper Cherokee. As far as I can remember (I gave the model away shortly after I finished it) kit had engraved panel lines, not quite correct but nevertheless realistic looking rivets and reasonable amount of details. By chance, kit's instrumental panel was a perfect match for the real one in Cessna I photographed for a reference. Earlier editions of these kits had been marked correctly as 1/50, although more recent ones are supposed to be in 1/48 scale. All in all, quite a decent kit, or at least Cessna 150 I built was. I hope it helps. Cheers

Jure

Hi Rob,

From what I can remember, the surface detail was very finely done and it had a nice little engine. Being a trike, the nose required a lot of weight. General fit was OK but not great. Main problem is with the windscreen which is much thicker than necessary and as a result not overly clear. Side windows are a little better but again not great.

Basically it's a product of it's time, advanced in terms of surface detail but lacking in terms of fit and engineering.

Dave 

5 hours ago, Robkr1208 said:

Has anyone here built any of the Minicraft Bonanzas

build in Israeli markings

https://modelingmadness.com/review/korean/us/staabsv35.htm

5 hours ago, Robkr1208 said:

and if so what is the quality of the kit like?

review, ah the is the F33

https://modelingmadness.com/review/civil/previews/11670.htm

hopefully will give some info.