Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

corsaircorp

I measure my stash ! Wow !! Do Not Tell it to SWMBO !!

Recommended Posts

Hello Dears !

As I start another phase of the renovation of CC castle, I clean up my attic and have a look at my stash...:cheers:

SWMBO has just saw a part of it and the result was a good Week of non ending arguments... or squabbling… or dispute, Well almost War !! :mg:

Distastefull in all cases !! So she did'nt came on BM....:yahoo:

Having a pic of my whole stash is Mmmmmh Unavailable at least !

Now, this is almost my stash since there are around 47 kits in various stage of build in my cabinet :frantic::whistle:

so !! It is the result of 35 years of buy, exchanges and so on !

I divide it by nationality or speciality because there will be some cross dressing

I love unusual paint schemes  :evil_laugh:

Here starting with the USN stash

WP_20190216_12_27_16_ProWP_20190216_12_26_50_ProWP_20190216_12_27_00_Pro

 

Now the USAF stash, there will be a lot of crossdresser in it… Mainly Under the guise of her Majesty Indeed !!

WP_20190210_13_49_18_Pro

 

Let's see the British stash ??

Here we go !

WP_20190221_09_59_40_ProWP_20190221_09_59_30_Pro

 

Then came the germans...

WP_20190221_13_34_46_Pro

 

The russians..

WP_20190221_13_35_02_Pro

 

The frenchs..

WP_20190222_12_57_12_Pro

 

The japaneses and the swedish !

WP_20190222_12_57_37_Pro

 

The 1/32 ones !

WP_20190222_13_04_38_Pro

 

The 1/35 and 1/24 Vehicles

WP_20190210_13_49_32_Pro

 

And I even a little "Gentlemen scale" stash !!

WP_20190210_13_48_57_Pro

 

well well, It's now confirmed I'm crazy !! :cheers:

Feel free to show yours !!

and have a great modelling time !!

CC

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uhm, mine??? Upload of pictures is restricted to a certain size, so not that much will be visible...

 

to give an idea click https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11032&p=stash and when SWMBO says you have to go to the nuthouse... please do, for my subscription...

 

(how make a text to click instead of the link?)

Edited by Silenoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears !

As I start another phase of the renovation of CC castle, I clean up my attic and have a look at my stash...:cheers:

 

Now because there will be some cross dressing

I love unusual paint schemes  :evil_laugh:

WP_20190216_12_27_16_Pro

 

 

well well, It's now confirmed I'm crazy !! :cheers:

 

and have a great modelling time !!

CC

Great fun re-editing when you take your time. thanks @Silenoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many kits stashed to build in my lifetime, so I must cull....I must cull...I must cull!! :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that all you've got?

 

Here's mine.

 

45080761315_17ea741619_z.jpg

 

45080761345_2ca5d499ab_z.jpg

 

45080761375_39163c673a_z.jpg

 

45080761385_aee9272d17_z.jpg

 

45080761395_cbd28b8a62_z.jpg

 

45080761425_11cfe752f1_z.jpg

 

44176459020_388c2e589e_z.jpg

 

44176459030_2b22cc5652_z.jpg

 

 

There are over 750 kits in this stash and one more has been added since these photos were taken.

 

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Is that all you've got?

 

Here's mine.

 

 

 

45080761345_2ca5d499ab_z.jpg

 

 

There are over 750 kits in this stash and one more has been added since these photos were taken.

 

 

 

Chris

You should think about becoming a Hindu mate, you get reincarnated seven times- probably just enough time to finish that Revell Ju-290.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, azureglo said:

You should think about becoming a Hindu mate, you get reincarnated seven times- probably just enough time to finish that Revell Ju-290.

 

And the 3 Revell He177's.

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silenoz said:

uhm, mine??? Upload of pictures is restricted to a certain size, so not that much will be visible...

 

to give an idea click https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11032&p=stash and when SWMBO says you have to go to the nuthouse... please do, for my subscription...

 

(how make a text to click instead of the link?)

Great !! this app is a good one, I Registered mine in an excell file !

 

4 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Great fun re-editing when you take your time. thanks @Silenoz

thank you Sir

 

2 hours ago, AMB said:

Too many kits stashed to build in my lifetime, so I must cull....I must cull...I must cull!! :shrug:

Depending on what's happen !!

My stepson say that I should live 'til 147 years but my productivity has improved a lot… :doh:

 

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Is that all you've got?

 

Here's mine.

 

 

 

There are over 750 kits in this stash and one more has been added since these photos were taken.

 

 

 

Chris

Hello Chris !

Well, really cool collection even at the wrong scale !! Congrats !! :rofl2:

 

38 minutes ago, azureglo said:

You should think about becoming a Hindu mate, you get reincarnated seven times- probably just enough time to finish that Revell Ju-290.

 

Hey anil !!

Of course we are !! I already booked my 3 next lives !!

Supposedly, Chris has done it too :cheers:

 

Thanks for the kind words !!

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recognize every single kit in those collection.

I think I own most of them. With the exception of most of the jet.

 

It's a start CC, it's a start....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

 

There are over 750 kits in this stash and one more has been added since these photos were taken.

 

See ?  If you let your stash reach critical mass it starts self-replicating ... :)

Edited by IanHx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of guys clearly sable* there. 

 

Sable :-

S tash 

cquired

eyond 

ife 

xpectancy 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

a good Week of non ending arguments

Holy cow, only a week ? That lot would be bought up at any time , for the rest of my life . If she knew what that lot was worth , she'd be listing it for the divorce settlement and lodged with the nearest legal eagle or you'd be in a ditch somewhere . Star victim :poppy:  of the Crime TV series … Wives with Knives  . SWMBOs ….. Luckily have no clue to the hidden wealth under their own roof ! They call it :poop: so it must be.. They aint never wrong are they :fraidnot: ?

Makes me feel warm inside :lol: That's mainly because I'm wearing Kevlar Body Armour and hidden the car keys .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have some 1/48 kits in the stash.

 

Monogram OS2U Kingfisher

        "          Ju87D Stuka

        "          SB2C Helldiver

        "          P-51B Mustang

Revell Me109G-10 (2)

Fugimi Me109G-K

     "      Fw190D

Otaki Me109G

HobbyCraft Hurricane Mk.II

         "          Sea Fury

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IanHx said:

See ?  If you let your stash reach critical mass it starts self-replicating ... :)

 

I don't know about self-replicating, but if it ever caught fire, with all the paint, books and old modeling magazines in there, it would burn for days and be an enviromental disaster!

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dogsbody said:

 

I don't know about self-replicating, but if it ever caught fire, with all the paint, books and old modeling magazines in there, it would burn for days and be an enviromental disaster!

 

 

Chris

THAT !!  Man !! Is my worst nightmare !!

Beside it I've a collection of weird and rare ammunitions. (most of it neutralised)

And no arties shells, I'm not that mad !!

So it will a disaster too...

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note for a moment if I may. Do you guys know if your stash is covered under your insurance?  We moved and this was an issue for us in that a large part of my stash had to go to secure storage as we are hugely downsized while we do a new house build. That meant speaking with insurance brokers as we have my stash and less important stuff ( Mrs T says more important) in secure storage container facilities. Anyway it turns out that while the odd dozen plus models would be covered under normal house policy in the event of a loss by say fire an insurer might get sticky over a big claim for several hundred kits  so it’s best to get it all clarified and in black and white. You are probably ok but it’s best to have that confirmed before a claim has to go in. In my experience insurers tend to be sticky if they have any wriggle room at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

THAT !!  Man !! Is my worst nightmare !!

Beside it I've a collection of weird and rare ammunitions. (most of it neutralised)

And no arties shells, I'm not that mad !!

So it will a disaster too...

CC

 

Oh yeah! I hadn't even thought about the few hundred WW2 rifle rounds stored in the gun cabinet. And my music collection!

 

This is about 3/4 of the vinyl stash. The rest are around the corner and are the ones I have replaced with CD's.

 

33312190128_1d7d3085ba_b.jpg

 

 

 

This is the polycarbonate stash.

 

32245643867_63307a0f7b_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

most

Most ? That's okay then,  a % of them are not though . Is that safe ?

36 minutes ago, JohnT said:

serious note

Good advice John.. I have a policy that allows £7,000 for my cave/shed/paradise/Hut 104 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnT said:

On a serious note for a moment if I may. Do you guys know if your stash is covered under your insurance?  We moved and this was an issue for us in that a large part of my stash had to go to secure storage as we are hugely downsized while we do a new house build. That meant speaking with insurance brokers as we have my stash and less important stuff ( Mrs T says more important) in secure storage container facilities. Anyway it turns out that while the odd dozen plus models would be covered under normal house policy in the event of a loss by say fire an insurer might get sticky over a big claim for several hundred kits  so it’s best to get it all clarified and in black and white. You are probably ok but it’s best to have that confirmed before a claim has to go in. In my experience insurers tend to be sticky if they have any wriggle room at all. 

All very good and sensible, but if Mrs PLC1966 saw what I had hidden away 'clarified' I really would be in the.....well, you know what I mean.  I think I will take my chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a bit of a tangent but does anyone find themselves choosing their next build each time based on the size of the box? I’ve found myself doing this and I think it’s because it tricks the eye into believing that my stash is going down because it takes up less space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

 

                               And my music collection!

 

 

 

33312190128_1d7d3085ba_b.jpg

 

 

Chris

 

Didn't think Tolkien wrote much music.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

I recognize every single kit in those collection.

I think I own most of them. With the exception of most of the jet.

 

It's a start CC, it's a start....

Thank you Sir !

A good start me think ! Oh I did'nt mention that some of the boxes shown contain 2 or 3 kits...

Not to mention resin parts or so...

 

20 hours ago, IanHx said:

See ?  If you let your stash reach critical mass it starts self-replicating ... :)

Kits that breed ???

See my Blackburn Roc WiP, there is a lot of banter about it !:rofl2:

 

20 hours ago, JohnT said:

A couple of guys clearly sable* there. 

 

Sable :-

S tash 

cquired

eyond 

ife 

xpectancy 

 

Moving sands for sure… :cheers:

 

19 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Chris, @dogsbody that's not a stash....that's stock!

John, @JohnT not if it's stock…:whistle:

Whatever the name we give it...

I also hear roof insulation….

Sound good too !!

 

18 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Holy cow, only a week ? That lot would be bought up at any time , for the rest of my life . If she knew what that lot was worth , she'd be listing it for the divorce settlement and lodged with the nearest legal eagle or you'd be in a ditch somewhere . Star victim :poppy:  of the Crime TV series … Wives with Knives  . SWMBOs ….. Luckily have no clue to the hidden wealth under their own roof ! They call it :poop: so it must be.. They aint never wrong are they :fraidnot: ?

Makes me feel warm inside :lol: That's mainly because I'm wearing Kevlar Body Armour and hidden the car keys .

In fact… I tried not to victimize myself...

But when knowing that SWMBO is arguing about things from my life that happened far before I met her...

One can think about what I will hear… Nevermind !!

I remember one day, She told me that "If you die first, I'll throw all that stuff to the bin"

That was intended to push me on the red zone !! But instead, I burst in laugh !!

I then say that she surely is the one and only woman that will throw so much money in one gesture….

Then you know…. Vulture spirit was back at light speed….

My stash was saved !!

And I must say that once I'll be dead….:whistle:

 

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnT said:

On a serious note for a moment if I may. Do you guys know if your stash is covered under your insurance?  We moved and this was an issue for us in that a large part of my stash had to go to secure storage as we are hugely downsized while we do a new house build. That meant speaking with insurance brokers as we have my stash and less important stuff ( Mrs T says more important) in secure storage container facilities. Anyway it turns out that while the odd dozen plus models would be covered under normal house policy in the event of a loss by say fire an insurer might get sticky over a big claim for several hundred kits  so it’s best to get it all clarified and in black and white. You are probably ok but it’s best to have that confirmed before a claim has to go in. In my experience insurers tend to be sticky if they have any wriggle room at all. 

Good advice. Don't forget to include all the built stuff that now sits gathering dust on the shelves when coming up with an insurance  valuation....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Good advice. Don't forget to include all the built stuff that now sits gathering dust on the shelves when coming up with an insurance  valuation....

The insurance man took a look at my builds and stuck with a worth nothing valuation :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×