SEA camo was used. I saw one Print Scale but it said it was for an

overall gray plane, not very trusting of that one. I am doing 72nd

scale.---John

T1bHRDk.jpg

3 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Hello

I have just ordered one set of these decals

Patrick

Interesting, never heard of this company before. Wonder what the quality is like

John, if the Printscale sheet you have seen is 72-192, those two Phantoms are indeed in grey over white, Printscale made a mistake in the instructions. I don't have the sheet so can't check the details, but one thing I can see from the pictures online is that they did not include the USAF titles to be placed on the wings

The sheet suggested by Patrick includes these

Where else can L Decals be purchased? Quality? Hannants has a minimum order

amount which I never cared for. Really don't like running my credit cards up.---John

There is this sheet, Wolfpak 72-062 "Lightnings Strike", which has the first official USAF MiG killer of Vietnam (an F-100 most likely had the first kill three months earlier, but it was only given credit for a "probable"):

XohQmAR.jpg

Looking at Wolfpak's website, the sheet is sold out LINK but it is listed as still available at Fantasy, which is the UK company that prints Wolfpak's sheets:  LINK  Just be aware that Fantasy's website shows a picture of the wrong sheet for 72-062; I would contact them before ordering to be sure they send the right sheet.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

2 hours ago, whiskey said:

Love Wolfpak decals. Just wish they did more of their 1/72 variety in 1/48.

I've talked to Mark at Wolfpak about that several times, and his experience (and sales) are that 1/48th modelers seem to prefer single subject sheets.  I think a multiple type subject decal sheet is easier to pitch in 1/72 because there's the Modeldecal precedent and IMHO 1/72 modelers are generally looking to build a larger and more varied collection than 1/48th scale modelers.  Mark is a good capitalist, and the bottom line is he'll produce what sells.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
  • Like 2

Thanks but I prefer not using Print Scale, I was told they are nice BUT

are finicky and unless you can't find others try  not to use them. They

are supposedly thin and fold over on themselves, had enough of that

with DRAW Decals, they are very nice but too finicky for me. I go with

Wolf Pack if possible.---John

4 hours ago, Johnv said:

Thanks but I prefer not using Print Scale, I was told they are nice BUT are finicky and unless you can't find others try  not to use them. They

are supposedly thin and fold over on themselves, had enough of that with DRAW Decals, they are very nice but too finicky for me. 

I also have issues with some of their "research".  On the decal sheet on ebay, linked to above, they have the wrong crew names for the kill and the wrong color for the jet, listing it as overall ADC Gray rather than Light Gull Gray over white.  They also left out the orange markings for the refueling receptacle and show nose gear door numbers, when those jets didn't carry any.  There are also some doubts I have about how they do the research for their sheets.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

I have the Hasegaea 1/72 F-110A kit 00618 and it has the F-4B 'B' wing sprue. The decals are for the first two USAF Phantom prototypes. It has the oversize TAC badges but I think that all or most of the black stencils that the grey/white Phantoms wore are provided. My Hasegawa decal sheet from 2003 has not yellowed. The 1/72 Hase RF-4C 'USAF' 00791 is also for two grey/white a/c and the decal sheet is largely the same but the TAC badges are correct, includes the armament panel with red border and also has more numbers to use. This sheet also hasn't yellowed. 

Grant

Edited by Gmat

22 minutes ago, Johnv said:

Murph----I got a response from Ray at Fantasy in U.K. thanking me for bringing that to

his attention. I already ordered sheet Friday anyways.---John

Sounds good.

Regards,

Murph