My Amigo flypast over Sheffield 22/2/19

Radpoe Spitfire

If you don't already know, a flypast of 10 military aircraft are due over Endcliff park at Sheffield in memory of the crew of B17 "My Amigo", which crashed 75 years ago with the loss of all 10 crew.

It is due to fly over at 8:45 am.

• Like 4

A huge debt of gratitude goes to Dan Walker from the BBC Breakfast programme, who set this ball in motion after a chance meeting with Mr Tony Foulds, who has tended the memorial of the crew who sadly lost their lives in the crash for many years.

Sadly, Dan Walker won't be able to witness the fruits of his labour as he will have flown out to join the team who are about to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Comic Relief and will miss the flypast. It should be an impressive And emotional event.

I've got my box of tissues ready......damn this blasted hayfever.

• Like 5

People amaze me.  Human being are capable of the most dreadful deeds yet you find them doing amazing things like this morning.  Well done Tony Foulds you are quite a chap.  Well done the BBC and all those taking part

10 guys and many more - Lest we forget

• Like 3

Just Got back from the Fly Past,  Found a Hill about 3 Klicks away high over the City, looking over the Park.

Dakota Flew over first, followed by MJ-130 and V22 in formation, then KC135, two Typhoons, then Four F-15E, with one doing the missing man and pulling up sharp and rolling the aircraft high into the sky.

Weather was perfect.

Link to someones  private film, uploaded to Youtube, show all the aircraft and the F15 Missing man and the aircraft rolling over.

Shame the TV crews had not gone to slightly higher ground, where we and quite a few were standing, they could have got almost eye level super focus shots of all the aircraft.

I am sure some one will have some great film.

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

Shame the TV crews had not gone to slightly higher ground, where we and quite a few were standing, they could have got almost eye level super focus shots of all the aircraft.

Many thanks for sharing, and I wouldn't worry about the BBC at all, as you coverage of the fly past is infinitely far better than what we saw live sir, proving yet again, even though armed with a helicopter and a camera team, the BBC have no clue at all when it comes to filming a flypast in my very humble, Nice one Cheers.        

The film was found on youtube, so not my film. but uploaded within an hour or so of the event.  this was film from the actual park, I think it is at the moment the only film of the missing man aircraft doing its roll in the sky.

We were positioned quite high on the Redmire road looking down a valley on to Endcliffe Park, may be 150 to 200 foot higher, than the park in the valley, so the aircraft were only a couple hundred foot higher and may be 2 to 3 klicks out, if that.  The view was totally clear of any obstructions over the Park area.

So we were looking up but at the distance almost side on.   Hence we got an amazing view of the 4 ship F-15E's, then just over the park one aircraft pulled up then turned on it axis, came out of the climb on it back, and finally rolled out at the top.  

Sheffield is full of hills, so a bit or recce by the BBC could have saved the cost of the Helicopter.

This is possibly the best free airshow of the year, with the amount of US Aircraft on show.

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED

I watched the aircraft fly over from Meersbrook park for a different angle and they flew directly overhead. Not as good as I would have liked but these are the ones I'm more or less happy with.

As others have said a fantastic tribute to some brave men.

Dakota

Osprey C130

C-130Sheffield Flypast

F-15 formationF-15Hallamshire

• Like 2