1/72 Spitfire T.9 - Biggin Hill Remembrance Day scheme ++ FINISHED ++

nimrod54

I have made some more progress on this since the last update. I have added a set of Eduard's Brassin exhausts, just a bit of a trim at the back to get the fit right and then some satin black as a base for Vallejo's Exhaust Manifold Metal Color and that was it. The undercarriage has been assembled and fixed in place, and this afternoon I added the poppy decals to the starboard side of the fuselage.

47805386971_31801a933a_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

40839166033_c963c3c68c_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

46889135775_d5043b9273_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Before I started this afternoons decaling session I had a go at touching in some of the poppies on the port side as planned. I used some thinned red paint and, with a two-hairs and a freckle paint brush, carefully painted in the larger petal of those on the roundel. It looks OK, so that will be the POA for this build.

47805387671_85a6fe2704_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr 

• Like 5

On 09/05/2019 at 10:35, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great work dude. The exhausts look great. 

Cheers H. I want to try and push on with my builds now because I have a Tiger to build and the FROG GB starts in June. I hope to wrap this up by weekend.

13 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Cheers H. I want to try and push on with my builds now because I have a Tiger to build and the FROG GB starts in June. I hope to wrap this up by weekend.

I still have a Hawk to finish in he Trainers GB, A Viking in the Lockheed GB, an A10 in the Sharkmouth GB, and then more starting soon. I thought I was in for a quiet year :giggle:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I still have a Hawk to finish in he Trainers GB, A Viking in the Lockheed GB, an A10 in the Sharkmouth GB, and then more starting soon. I thought I was in for a quiet year :giggle:

I thought the same thing, but most of the GB's I signed up for are happening in the latter half of the year, and with SWMBO's decision to retire from teaching this year, I can foresee less modelling time. :frantic: Perhaps she could follow Little H's example and start model making... NNOOO she might be better at it than I am. :rofl:

• Haha 2

Thanks Adrian. I had planned to wrap this one up over the past week, but it was decided (well someone decided :winkgrin:) that I should take advantage of the drier weather to plant up the troughs and pots. And so domestic harmony was maintained, we will see what this week brings.

• Like 1

Some more progress made on this one over the last couple of days. I added the yellow to the leading edges and then sealed everything in with two coats of Klear before painting the wing walkway areas with Revell Anthracite.

I have put the final job off for long enough, time to get on with touching in those poppies.

47924412931_d72a4b5378_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

47924410678_0b4f9a12d4_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 3

Having touched in the poppies this morning (Revell Aqua 330 was a good match) I finished things off by adding the last few bits tonight. Here are a couple photos of the end result and I will sort out some gallery shots tomorrow.

47974331137_51aa6abd5b_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

47974330742_6c9c4c61b0_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

I bet you must be cross-eyed after touching up all those poppies :)

Not at all Adrian,  but it does help when you look like this anyway. :D

47978688501_7472e64651_m.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A stunning job on that, I've seen it in the gallery & a very worthy addition it makes, fitting payback for your perseverance. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, there have been couple of issues along the way with this one, but I am really happy with the end result.

9 hours ago, zebra said:

Great result John

Cheers Julian. I am off to have a look at your splendid Hunter once I have finished here.

5 hours ago, CliffB said:

Blooming marvellous.

:lol: Thanks for the your comment Cliff. It made me smile and served as a reminder that this is meant to be fun

• Like 3