Build the terminator.

Hi chaps. 

Saw this advertised on the TV last night. Looks like a cool part works project, really tempted to subscribe to it. 

1/2 scale of a T800 endoskeleton! 

https://www.buildtheterminator.com/?cli_action=1550711889.212

Over 90cm tall, with remote control lights and movement. Might work out expensive though. 

Matt

3 hours ago, S5 modeller said:

Might work out expensive though. 

"Might" hahahaaaaa!

If I read it right it's ~1500 Euro. Which is probably not bad for what it is, assuming it fits! Pretty cool :) I'm glad these are almost never available in NZ so I'm never tempted...

Will

• Haha 1

I am very tempted by this... but not at that price!

Let's hope that it lasts longer than Hatchett's 1/16th scale Sherman Firefly. That was cancelled after the first four issues.... I bought the first three parts and regretted it. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

3 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

I am very tempted by this... but not at that price!

Let's hope that it lasts longer than Hatchett's 1/16th scale Sherman Firefly. That was cancelled after the first four issues.... I bought the first three parts and regretted it. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

It is always a worry that Chris. I had the same problem with the first release of build the back to the future DeLorean. Got the first 4 issues, if I remember rightly, then it was canceled. Mind you, it was re released a few months later, but I didn't bother with it after that. 

1 minute ago, S5 modeller said:

It is always a worry that Chris. I had the same problem with the first release of build the back to the future DeLorean. Got the first 4 issues, if I remember rightly, then it was canceled. Mind you, it was re released a few months later, but I didn't bother with it after that. 

I feel your pain, sir. 

To be fair to Hatchett, they were prepared to give a full refund to anyone who posted them the backing-cards to the first parts of the Sherman Firefly release. Have a quick guess which bright-spark had already thrown said backing-cards away when this was announced....? Moi.

You live and learn, I guess. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

• Sad 1

I said to SWIMBO when we saw the ad I wouldn't mind having it - judging by the reaction perhaps not ! Cost, nothing else. :whistle:

There's also an advert for a 1/200 scale Bismark part work, which I think comes out at just under £1,400.

I noticed on Hannants the Trumpeter 1/200 kit is £300, but the skies the limit on any aftermarket you might want.

The part work does have lights and moving screws, though.

• Like 1

I did the Falcon part work a few years ago think that worked out at a shade under a grand, still not even halfway through lol.

these are great if it’s a subject you really like and as mentioned above if they do a full run

Matt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's the rub with piece part series.......The prohibitive  cost, and the risk that company does not to belly up or cancels due to poor sales. As for the Bismark, it has been done to death already and I cannot see a piece part bought model coming anywhere near as good as the Tamiya offering with all the after market stuff working out much less expensive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to the website the endo skeleton is complete in 120 issues @ 5.99 e.a works out at about £720 all in.

I too mentioned it to SWMBO, got my head bit off as still got the Victory and U-96 to build LOL

All the best Chris