ICM 1/48 MiG-25PDS 'Foxbat-E'

Hello all,

This is my first kit of 2019 and plugs a gap in my series of MiG jets. It's ICM's 1/48 MiG-25PDS in kit decals and with Cold War Studios resin ventral fins. The paint is a mixture of MRP and Akan finished with Gunze GX113 matt coat. It was a a fun kit, although not without it's problems. It's also huge! Many more photos and words on my website: https://jonbryon.com/icm-1-48-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-25pds-foxbat-e/

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Jon

mig25pds_07.jpg

mig25pds_22.jpg

mig25pds_42.jpg

mig25pds_13.jpg

mig25pds_15.jpg

mig25pds_19.jpg

mig25pds_28.jpg

mig25pds_31.jpg

mig25pds_18.jpg

mig25pds_08.jpg

mig25pds_25.jpg

mig25pds_62.jpg

mig25pds_63.jpg

mig25pds_66.jpg

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

Very nice work Jon - your detailing is superb - I really like the tones you used and the grey panel lines. Very nicely weathered too. Not really a criticism but I'd love to see some closer shots of the cockpit and an underside shot - as I'll bet they look great too...! 

Great work all round! Well done :)

• Like 1

I am currently building the same kit and now I am daunted. I will never come even a bit close to the quality of your build. I also just read the article on your website and agree to all critizism primarly the gap on the bottom of the wings is ectremely annoying. Just in the phase of rewritung the panel lines after filling and sanding.

What I just want to say: phantastic work, thx a lot for showing, Jon!

• Like 1

Well I read your account on your blog and it looks a nightmare! The end result is really nice though - lovely paint work and super weathering. Certainly looks a beast. I wonder why no weapons?

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Very nice work Jon - your detailing is superb - I really like the tones you used and the grey panel lines. Very nicely weathered too. Not really a criticism but I'd love to see some closer shots of the cockpit and an underside shot - as I'll bet they look great too...! 

Great work all round! Well done :)

Unfortunately there are no photos of the cockpit possible - the canopy is too small. There are plenty of photos of the underside at my website :)

Cheers

Jon

20 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Very nice result!

Does it stand a bit high? Maybe just me though!

I'd love to see some huge missiles....

What were your main obstacles?

On the stance: maybe; I haven't compared with the real thing.

As for obstacles, there were a few, which I have outlined in my article.

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

Interesting philosophy. I am in the same boat really - I know I will never build all the kits I have but I have a plan for all of them. Anyway, all being considered, you build very nice models and I really like your web site.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1