I need help

Levi

So a cat hair landed on my wet paint of my 1/350 uss enterprise refit saucer

And I stressed so things went downhill from there 

So I have to remove the Vallejo primer and automotive paint.

So does anyone know how to do this without harming the plastic because a replacement part is really expensive 

1 minute ago, Frogeye said:

I would try really fine sanding with micro mesh, starting with the finest 12000 grade .

Yeah but the paint is thick + type 1/350 uss enterprise refit and you will that is is way to big to sand

Edited by Levi

If it's just the one cat hair (can you post a pic?), you could try adzing it and the accompanying hillock off with the side of a sharp knife, then using very fine abrasive to flat it back down, and try to touch in with whatever final coat you used.  If it's time to strip 'er back though, Mr Muscle oven cleaner will dissolve the paint without affecting the plastic.  Just wrap the model in kitchen roll, apply the goo/spray, and put it inside a poly bag so the air doesn't cause it to dry out.  Leave it from a few hours to overnight, and scrub it off with an old toothbrush or some other brush with stiff bristles.  Best wear some gloves though, as that stuff can be bad for your skin with prolonged exposure. :)

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If it's just the one cat hair (can you post a pic?), you could try adzing it and the accompanying hillock off with the side of a sharp knife, then using very fine abrasive to flat it back down, and try to touch in with whatever final coat you used.  If it's time to strip 'er back though, Mr Muscle oven cleaner will dissolve the paint without affecting the plastic.  Just wrap the model in kitchen roll, apply the goo/spray, and put it inside a poly bag so the air doesn't cause it to dry out.  Leave it from a few hours to overnight, and scrub it off with an old toothbrush or some other brush with stiff bristles.  Best wear some gloves though, as that stuff can be bad for your skin with prolonged exposure. :)

Yeah I need to strip it because after the hair I made it messy as hell

Will the mr musle remove primer?

6 minutes ago, Levi said:

Will the mr musle remove primer?

It's better at removing acrylic primers, but it will remove the likes of Alclad primer too, although I often use Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) on Alclad primers.  Leave it a bit longer or apply multiple times if something is being a bit stubborn.  If it still doesn't work, maybe dynamite? :boom:

Just now, Mike said:

It's better at removing acrylic primers, but it will remove the likes of Alclad primer too, although I often use Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) on Alclad primers.  Leave it a bit longer or apply multiple times if something is being a bit stubborn.  If it still doesn't work, maybe dynamite? :boom:

Lol Vallejo primer is acrylic I think and so is the automotive paint I used so I think I'm good I'll try it tomorrow

Just now, kiwimodeller said:

Levi have you tried using Dettol? 

I've found it's good for removing acrylic, enamel and oil paints so may be worth a shot?

I will have to try it but the Dettol isn't available at my store so I have to order it online

21 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

If it's real automotive acrylic I doubt Mr Muscle will touch it. It's not the same acrylic as model acrylic...

Wait it is from a automotive brand but they have a selection of real car paint and a selection of spray paint that can also be used in plastic and many people in the Netherlands use it for models so I hope it will come loose

13 hours ago, Levi said:

I hope it will come loose

The only real way is to try it.  You might be lucky because it's over Vallejo primer, which is definitely "model" paint.  If your chosen stripping method gets under the car paint, it should lift away once the Vallejo starts to dissolve.  Fingers crossed for you :)