This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Duncan B

Southern Expo 2019 Hornchurch 16th & 17th March

Just under a month to go until the Southern Expo 2019 on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th March at the Hornchurch Sports Centre, Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch in Essex which is darn Sarf innit! Doors open at 10am both days to 5pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday. all proceeds go to the St. Francis Hospice so not only will you have a great time looking at the exhibits and purchasing from lovely Traders like myself but you'll also be doing your bit for charity too.

I am very pleased to say that BlackMike Models will be taking the long road south to attend this show for the first time and I'm really looking forward to it. If you are thinking of attending and would like to pre-order something from BlackMike Models head over to the website and place your order. Remember to select the 'Collect at Show' option during check out and fill in the name of the show in the 'Notes' section of the checkout form too.

Southern-Expo-2019-flyer-L.jpg

I hope to see some of you there.

Duncan B

It's one thing popping down the road to Halifax, but if your coming this far South don't forget your passport and survival pack.🙂

Might pop along to this. The last time I went to the Southern Expo show was 1990.

Remember to bring some warm clothing. Last year the heating was bust, and it was flippin' freezin' in there, and no-one from the Local Council, who run it, could/would come out and sort it.

This was supposedly the last year at the venue before it was scheduled for demolition, but we now hear perhaps not.

Not taking a pot at the organisers, not their fault. Just a heads up for your comfort. I'm taking a hot water bottle! :cold:

We did try many times to get the heating on but it was so cold I'm not sure it would have done much good.  Hopefully this year we won't have another cold snap, it's not normally that cold by that time of year.

The good news is we should have another year (2020) at the current venue.

A friend of mine was trading there last year. He reckoned it felt colder inside the main gym than outside! Go figure that one....

Let's hope it's not "Beast From The East II - This time it's personal!" this year.

Chris. 

Looking forward to meeting you in person Duncan...even more so if you can bring some Wingnuts Halberstadts with you.  Have a safe journey down won't you.

2 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

A friend of mine was trading there last year. He reckoned it felt colder inside the main gym than outside! Go figure that one....

Let's hope it's not "Beast From The East II - This time it's personal!" this year.

Chris. 

Quite ironic really, we got frozen at Hornchurch and boiled alive at Milton Keynes.....

19 hours ago, keithjs said:

Looking forward to meeting you in person Duncan...even more so if you can bring some Wingnuts Halberstadts with you.  Have a safe journey down won't you.

I really hope the Halbies will be with me.

Duncan B

On 2/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, chris57 said:

It's one thing popping down the road to Halifax, but if your coming this far South don't forget your passport and survival pack.🙂

Especially if it 's as cold as last year !

Ipswich are there on the Saturday only, I believe W. Suffolk have the table for Sunday.

East Kent Scale Modellers will be there both days. 

Just going out to buy thermals now.:cold::bleh:

Dick

Im going Saturday and leaving my partner at Lakeside for a days browsing.....

In 2 weeks time it'll all be over and we'll be packed up heading north again!! 

Still plenty of time for anyone wanting to make a pre-order for collection at the Show.

Duncan B

I will be loading the van up in a week's time so if you are interested in seeing something particular on our stand then please let me know before Thursday 14th. Same applies if you want to make a pre-order for collection at the Show as I can't fit all my stock into the van.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you at the Show.

Duncan B

Wednesday is the very last call for anyone wanting to pre-order from me for collection at the Show. I'm starting to get quite excited about attending this Show for the first time, hopefully I will see some of you there (do come up and say hello if you are there).

Duncan B

Likewise, Duncan. Don't forget the Halberstadts.......Pop over to the Thames Valley stand and we'll sort you out with a sausage or bacon sandwich before the show gets going.....Have a safe trip. 

A last reminder to anyone who'd like to make a pre-order or would like to see something specific from my stock at the show to let me know today.

I will be bringing my stock of Colourcoats paint sets with me to the show however the quantities I can carry with me are low so it'll be first come first served for those (with the exception of the pre-orders I already have for them).

See you all there this weekend.

Duncan B

On 28/02/2019 at 13:23, bentwaters81tfw said:

Ipswich are there on the Saturday only, I believe W. Suffolk have the table for Sunday.

Not W Suffolk, but someone else.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

This will be Frank;
67617616_6eac1b4fda.jpg

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Not W Suffolk, but someone else.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

This will be Frank;
67617616_6eac1b4fda.jpg

Frank can make use of my extra layers when I get in there! I personally don't get on well with all that heating & enjoyed it last year. I seem to generate enough heat walking round! Nightmare at home with the thermostat cranked up! 

I have to admit it was nicer being cooler for walking around.

Must be hell if you have to stand around all day though.

Looking forward to parking there tomorrow.... lol

Well, I did.  Excellent show as ever, good mix of clubs and traders, with some handy tag-team work between the days to increase the variety.  Alas, also as ever, fairly grim catering, although the free tea at setting-up time was very welcome.  Much more comfortable temperature, too.

Special thanks from IPMS Kent for allowing us a couple of extra tables just for the asking.  If we could have the same spot again next year, that would be even better.  Already looking forward to it!