AMG Hawker Hart.

John Aero

Today I received a complimentary copy of the 1:48 AMG Hawker Hart as I have provided some tech and design assistance to the company. I haven't 'tooth combed' it yet but the moulding and detail is exceptional. there are two top decks provided, one Hart/ Audax and one Hind type there is also a tail wheel (very fragile) on the wheels sprue. There are two centre sections, the single fuel tank and the twin fuel tank type.

I'm not in a position to discuss any future plans but here is a personal reminder on a couple of variants mentioned by members.

The Hawker Demon has a lower rear top decking than that of the Hart and Hind and this is the base for the Hartebees  and the Australian Demon. so this release is not suitable for these sub types.

This kit can be the base for the Kestrel engined Audax, Hardy and Hind.

John

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

John.  A related question.  I understand the Airfix Demon (soon to be reissued) was based on the earlier Airfix Hart kit.  Is the top decking on that kit more accurate for a Hart or a Demon (apart from the angled gun ring)?

• 4 weeks later...

Got my kit today- amazing, wonderful detail and moulding lots of options- one of the best kits I’ve seen in 35 years. Wowsers! As I’m not allowed to gush too much the Lewis gun is a bit rubbish and the roundel blue is off but frankly who cares when a package is this good! Well done AMG. Top drawer stuff! 

• Like 1