Tornados Over Duxford

Latinbear

I decided to take the day off and see the flypast at Duxford. From the IWM's perspective there was probably an element of Christmas come early as there were plenty of spectators there such that they opened the airfield to parking, something I've not seen before outside of a show day. 

As we know Duxford's runway orientation is awful for photography but intentionally or not the formation played a blinder by flying north-west over the airfield thereby ensuring the photographers weren't shooting into the sun. If it was intentional then thank you very much indeed!

The Wasp flew in a bit before the flypast and departed afterwards. 

AAA_4351 1

AAA_4353 1

AAA_4363 1

AAA_4369 1

AAA_4370 (2)

AAA_4381 1

That's it, thanks for looking.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Looks like a grand day out but one tinged with sadness. Hard to believe this once familiar sight in UK skies will soon be a thing of the past.

Mark

Agreed. I remember when the aircraft first entered service but when I think about it then it makes me wonder where all the years have gone. 

The weather was better than I feared but that said it was very windy and cold.

I saw the flypast at Linton on Ouse, so busy the road was completely blocked. The Station Commander was near the viewing area and told us when they were five minutes away. Unfortunately it was quite dull weather, but  a Chinook departed, a Tucano landed and a Puma and a Wildcat were on the pan. 

A sad occasion as I first remember seeing XX948 flying and XZ630 in the static at the Finningley Silver Jubilee review in 1977.