The finally finished HKG B-17 1/32 (new pics page 2)

5 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

Absolutely stunning, very clever how you have made access to see interior

The original parts are made that way,

but I used little strips of sand paper to better fit the nose and the top in place,

otherwise they would have been "slimy" slipping away from their place

• Like 1

Outstanding! The level of detail is incredible as if every combat station tells a story. I admire your creativity and craftmanship.

Just one question: Are all US pilots wearing a moustache (or just those with Italian heritage)??

Angelo - Beautiful B-17. Superb detailing and presentation. I would love to make up one of these but I would not be able to commit the time to one model for so long! Also - what on earth do you do with it now!?

Cheers

Malcolm

15 hours ago, Toryu said:

Outstanding! The level of detail is incredible as if every combat station tells a story. I admire your creativity and craftmanship.

Just one question: Are all US pilots wearing a moustache (or just those with Italian heritage)??

it's not an Italian tradition, but I'm not so good at painting the faces of the figures, so I put a mustache to mask the mouth and lips, sometimes I even add sunglasses.

9 hours ago, Cloudman1961 said:

Fantastic work, sir.

How long did that take you.

How much of the detail is aftermarket or scratch built?

👏

I used PE sets for details, but added a lot of wiring, tubes, maps, gun shells a many other little details all around