1/35 Trumpeter Tiger I with zimmerit

Howdy all, here is my first tiger I’ve completed and my second tank I’ve built. The first being Tamiya’s panzer II which was a fun little build.  This kit was a joy to put together and everything fit quite nicely! I built it out of the box other than using Masterclub’s metal tracks which were awesome. My only complaint with the tracks were the little resin pins seemed to fall out while I was handling the tracks after I burnished them in ak’s burnishing liquid. I remedied this by inserting straightened staples into the empty holes and snipping the ends off. (Thanks Andy’s hobby headquarters YouTube channel for that tip haha.) I had a few other errors while building it but am pretty pleased with how it came out! Any comments or critiques are always welcome as I’m fairly new to the hobby and trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can haha. Thanks for the look!

85C4B6F5-6EF6-4AA2-B912-A8E020187A3D

5D51FD04-A56D-4DA9-A770-D784CA15B149

A55A2F44-C1F6-490F-B46D-ED3CB7D6477C

8B9DDA3E-E06C-4583-B606-0248E5F57237

1B33F6C3-5C7E-45A9-94CD-19B927C373F8

0FA25ED4-CDF5-4674-AB5C-4F8F8D9B3AE5

4992D536-E220-41D4-87E9-214ADD3F32BB

• Like 12

Nice Tiger RT

I have a couple of questions for you. Is the zimmerit moulded or is add on? Are your tow ropes the kit supplied because they look pretty good.  A good looking Tiger, I only hope mine turns out anywhere as good as yours.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by ModellerMick
Spelling

2 hours ago, ModellerMick said:

Nice Tiger RT

I have a couple of questions for you. Is the zimmerit moulded or is add on? Are your tow ropes the kit supplied because they look pretty good.  A good looking Tiger, I only hope mine turns out anywhere as good as yours.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mick

Thanks for the kind words! With this trumpeter kit they had a separate sheet of zimmerit you cut out and glued onto the plastic. It was an excellent way to do the zimmerit I thought and it matched up with the molded plastic really well. And the tow cables were out of the box, I just painted them in tamiya’s gun metal color then added a little dark gray panel line accent and that seemed to make them pop a bit more. I’ll keep an eye out for your tiger if you post it on here so I can admire it as well! I’ve been going down a tiger/king tiger wormhole lately and just can’t get enough of looking at them haha.

Thanks RT

I have the Tamiya “Otto Carius” Tiger 217 in progress. I thought from the box art, it would come with moulded zimmerit, but it doesn’t. I used Tamiyas stick on zimmerit, but I’m not that impressed with it!  Using the gun metal for the tow ropes is a good idea, it gives them the weather steel look. My Tiger is a long way from finished, but I’ll post as soon as it’s done.

Thanks for your help.

Mick

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Yorkshire man said:

I think you forgot to paint the rubber tires on the wheels. :think:

Haha that I did, not intentionally tho! I didn’t notice until I had a coat of paint over the whole thing and was looking at the scheme options. I was actually thinking about buying this same kit again because it was so fun to build and rectifying my mistakes I made during this build. I didn’t put any spare tracks on because I glued down the holders before realizing the track needed to go in first as well 🙄