KPAF mig base opinion

SuKhoi_Fitter

‪I'm a bit of a korea nut, I've studied it in politics and read many books, and after doing some more Korea digging I found Kaechon airbase. With its Mig-19 squadron and What I think to be Cave hangars, what's your opinions on the base and It's hidden hangars??‬ personally I think the bases hangar would be useless in War, a simple bomb at the entrances and the migs are stuck inside.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5327.0;a

The bases flightline, showing migs being fulled and clear signs of the jets running recently(worn grass) 

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5327.0;a

The Flight line is at the top right, with a maintence yard in the bottom centre. The hangar entrances are dotted along the hillside.

Edited by SuKhoi_Fitter

I agree with you on hangars, SuKhoi_Fitter and the one near the maintenance yard looks like a solid job to me (curved taxiway, cut into the hill to prevent direct hit into entrance). However, the flight line looks suspicious to me. While it would make sense to keep JJ-5 two seaters flying, there is hardly any point in maintaining sixteen F-6 fighter trainers operational when four or five would do. Also, the top photo shows tanker and a maintenance vehicle crammed between aircraft with a feet or two to spare, not exactly a proper refueling or line maintenance procedure. Either aircraft are ground maintenance training airframes or decoys. Nevertheless, interesting photos, thanks. Cheers

Jure