Having attached the canopy sections and the landing gear I am now within earshot of completing this nice little Mig-15bis.  I over-sprayed a bit of darker aluminum before that and I will still add some more weathering once the decals are on.  I am not sure I will get to anything on it today seeing as I have a busy day ahead that will not end until about 8pm tonight.  If I do, I will take some other metallic tints and touch up some of the panels and access ports, especially the airbrakes.  Why didn't Eduard make these optionally open?  That would have been nice...😊  

46409602235_84d7c2de8d_b_d.jpg

47271982082_8c2928c418_b_d.jpg

--John

• Like 5

The plain overall silver paintwork shows the lines of this aircraft off to great effect John but the decals will add a great burst of colour and life to your model :speak_cool:

• Like 1

I have touched up many of the service panels with 'Chrome' and painted the forward access panel latches red.

40369825173_7efcc1c2af_b_d.jpg

The armament pack panel has been painted a darker metallic colour.  

33459179638_957e1bba51_b_d.jpg

This one is also ready for decals and weathering.  I'll keep the weathering light, focusing on the underside mostly.  Maybe some smoke staining here and there.  I cannot forget to add the port/starboard running lights or the radio wire...

--John

• Like 3

Hungarian Mig-15bis "Red 906" is finished and down at the end of my very own 'Mig Alley'...😊

32405948967_1a9385ac08_o_d.jpg

I cannot say enough about these Eduard Mig-15 kits.  It is the second I have built (Yellow 30).  I have yet to build the Mig-21 but if it is anything like this...man...what a great kit.  Fun, easy to build, great decals...The rest of the images are in the gallery.

• Like 2