exhaust pipe diameter for Siskin?

Hi Chris, thanks for those.  I decided to go with a 0.9mm rod, which would scale up to about 2.55 inches.   It measures up to about a hair less against the Matchbox piece.

As an aside, am  I imagining things - but does the aircraft no.20 have has it's starboard main wing clipped?   It also looks to have an odd layout of underside roundels, the original large size on the port main wing, and a smaller one on the starboard lower wing.  Whatever the reason, will still follow the drawings by Granger and place roundels in symmetrical fashion.

sSrSYV6.jpg

4w7mrlI.jpg

Aircraft  no.22, also appears to have a clipped wing, but the port side:

2rNj2eG.jpg

regards,

Jack

I ended up replacing most of the undercarriage with brass rods.   My kit part was short shotted a bit on the main wheel axle, so that combined with staring too much at photos convinced me things could be better, but to be fair, it is a Matchbox kit.

UXVXigA.jpg

fvPla0f.jpg

Fk0z8ZL.jpg

regards,

Jack

7 hours ago, JackG said:

As an aside, am  I imagining things - but does the aircraft no.20 have has it's starboard main wing clipped?   It also looks to have an odd layout of underside roundels, the original large size on the port main wing, and a smaller one on the starboard lower wing.  Whatever the reason, will still follow the drawings by Granger and place roundels in symmetrical fashion.

4w7mrlI.jpg

regards,

Jack

Actually it is the ailerons that are off centered that are creating an appearance of a clipped wing.  This is really pronounced in the above photo where the left aileron is down and the right one is up and part of the roundel is up and out of sight because of it.

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

Dave, thanks for that.  

It's actually the side of the wing I was focusing on, but must be same explanation as the aileron position.  The curve pf the wingtip from the last rib to outer tip combined with the viewing angle is such that the under-surface disappears from sight.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2019 at 11:07 PM, JackG said:

As an aside, am  I imagining things - but does the aircraft no.20 have has it's starboard main wing clipped? 

Note that the wing underside of both wings slopes sharply upwards from the last rib outboard to the tip. This is why the outboard edge of the roundel appears to be clipped on the wing furthese away from view. Looking at the photo's its obvious once you know what to look for, but is missing from the Granger drawings, which are more akin to the flat tip undersides of the Siskin I/II/IV/V wings.

• Like 1