Revell 1/72 Halifax III

Finished, it's been a bit of a chore to get some half decent pix but here it is and the bomb aimers position transparency decided to part company during the photography so requires a bit of a touch up.

"Oscar", 424 "Tiger" Squadron RCAF, RAF Skipton on Swale, 1944. 

IMG_6817IMG_6824IMG_6826IMG_6811IMG_6830IMG_6833IMG_6799

• Like 54

4 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Great job there Roger, must be time for another Tiffie.

Stuart

Thanks very much Stuart.

It should be time for another Tiffy but..... I've already started something out of the stash and I also have something I bought at Halifax I'm keen on building. Both of a Pacific theme.

Back to work on Thursday though. 😣

5 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Yeah, but you seem to be able to do a little modelling at sea...

Stuart

That's right Stuart but I was moved to a different ship last trip so I'm still working out the lie of the land, they might not be as tolerant of my modelling escapades on this one, I need to break them in gently before going full airbrush and Mr Hobby Levelling Thinner mode. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cloudman1961 said:

Nice.

I need one of these in my stash. I had a go at the Airfix version a couple of years back. (Ended in tears).

I've come to a complete halt on my Airfix one. It's looking at me accusingly from it's box as I ype this. Don't know why I've stalled, I started with great enthusiasm but it's just ebbed away.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Cloudman1961 said:

Nice.

I need one of these in my stash. I had a go at the Airfix version a couple of years back. (Ended in tears).

16 minutes ago, Harley John said:

that is really very nice. Well done.

Thank you very much. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Harley John said:

I've come to a complete halt on my Airfix one. It's looking at me accusingly from it's box as I ype this. Don't know why I've stalled, I started with great enthusiasm but it's just ebbed away.

I got quite a way into mine and I had left it on my desk - get this - under a book shelf!

For some reason I then pulled a book off the shelf and dislodged another...you get the picture. There was shrapnel everywhere. 

As I recall it my reaction was one of relief☺️

3 minutes ago, Cloudman1961 said:

I got quite a way into mine and I had left it on my desk - get this - under a book shelf!

For some reason I then pulled a book off the shelf and dislodged another...you get the picture. There was shrapnel everywhere. 

As I recall it my reaction was one of relief☺️

Oouch!