Hi from Horsham! Home of Saxon Horse Traders...

Stoneman

Hi all,

So for a number of years i've been very watching, reading and fascinated by this fantastic art form. But I finally took the plunge (into my wallet) and bought all the bells and whistles! Paints/Tools/Airbrush the lot. I'm a huge follower of WW1 and WW2, so modelling vehicles/personnel from that era is right up my strasse. But really up to trying anything, especially making a few dioramas so they can "come alive". The wife recently got me the Tamiya 1/32 British Supermarine Spitfire MK.IXC! I saw one of the members building one, so will be using that thread for tips! that's on my list after a few 1/16 scale models are completed!

I've just finished my first model, a 1/35 scale WW2 British War Correspondent from Bronco. I enjoy documenting, So i recorded and edited the first attempt at 1/35 figure & I loved every bit of it... par a few fatalities (seen in the video) But all a huge learning curve! the idea of it was to not only to record my process, but mainly so I could look back and improve, others can comment with tips/tricks and maybe it will get the lone lurker who has yet to leap into the fun of scale modelling and seeing it from a newbie pov as that's how I got into it :)

Edited by Stoneman
  • Like 5

Hello Stoneman... :post1: from Chicago USA. Your first go you say ? I think your 1st attempt is excellent work. Of course my figure painting skills are = to the “he couldn't draw a stick figure to save his life” category. Im mostly an aircraft builder, with the occasional tank thrown in. Will be looking for more of your work in the RFI areas.

Dennis

• Haha 1