Predator Confrontation kit

Ever had a "Nemesis" model or Kit? Ive had two,the He177 (Mpm and Airfix) and this huge resin kit I got about 300 years ago(Hyperbole much :),Late 90s),I think its been painted a least twice,and then re-primed and never finished,Well,Sod that for a game of soldiers,Am determined to finish it once and for all. *

Wish me luck Im going in.......................................................................

* Disclaimer \ may never get finished

The protagonists

usWfnS.jpg

The huge tree 

Al0Hyl.jpg

Im not sure but I think the sculptor,Simon Laurens may have realised too late he had the wrist blades on the wrong arm,so chucked in spare arms with the correct orientation,but it would decrease the dramatic effect so I stuck to the original plan

cwL9nC.jpg

Perhaps as a nod to the old Aurora kits the base has a snake and a spider on it,but I may cover with some foliage(oh,and a seperate frog :)

RIqabV.jpg

0RPRUV.jpg

OUyAB6.jpg

Over the years its had a few knocks and bumps,and I will need to disguise the join with some Milliput work and foliage.While a bit rough and ready compared to the resin kits of today,its a true garage kit and not lacking in charm.

• Like 10

That looks so cool! Hope it goes together alright.

By strange coincidence I went to find my Exec Officer Kane 'cos I'd enjoyed your build. It was at the bottom of the pile, and removing it caused the shelves in my stash cupboard to collapse - old small brass screws just sheared off. I've repaired it and in the process been through all my precious treasures and found a couple of Andrea metal figures which look very similar. They're boxed separately but go together to make a vignette with not-Arnold up against a stump being menaced by not-Predator.

Sorry for the digression!

Cheers,

Will

15 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Wow that's a serious chunk of resin! Will be watching with interest :)

Thanks Hr ,I believe this was the first run and was,luckily,hollow cast ,so its suprisingly light,later runs  were solid.

11 hours ago, Will Vale said:

That looks so cool! Hope it goes together alright.

By strange coincidence I went to find my Exec Officer Kane 'cos I'd enjoyed your build. It was at the bottom of the pile, and removing it caused the shelves in my stash cupboard to collapse - old small brass screws just sheared off. I've repaired it and in the process been through all my precious treasures and found a couple of Andrea metal figures which look very similar. They're boxed separately but go together to make a vignette with not-Arnold up against a stump being menaced by not-Predator.

Sorry for the digression!

Cheers,

Will

Shelfmageddon tis a terrible thing :) I have a vague recollection of the "not Arnold\not Predator" minature,I think I saw it in a model and collectors mart mag way back.

Mainly this week I have been painting pants 😜

1GG2wa.jpg

cOtxxu.jpg

A Bit of repair work on Preddys "hair"

tHdFmy.jpg

Trying out some plants to cover the snake and spider.

sDfYNt.jpg

"It it bleeds,We can paint it"

• Like 8

Joining the base(and hoping it all matches up)😜

tbxFXB.jpg

Adding extra plants and features.

g79ifI.jpg

Handsome fella! 

fx40mb.jpg

• Like 4

"Get to da choppa!" This is looking superb. It's a real shame that they don't make stuff like this anymore (yep, I know that figure kits are a fair bit more detailed these days, but still....). 

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.   

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

In a pure moment of cack handiness I decided I didnt like the look of the base stuck on an old bit of shelving, So,In my infinite wisdom I took my jigsaw to it,Its fair to say It didnt improve the look much,So out came the modelling clay and Project "Wish Id never started "commenced.

I see many repaints in my future :)

AvYHMB.jpg

kWroV9.jpg

Im starting to remember why it took so long to get round to doing this model.

• Like 6

You've done a seriously nice job at sculpting the extra detail, it's seamless and just looks like a bit of the original base unpainted. 

I think it was definitely worth doing, it's beefed out the narrower end and does look cleaner and better than when it was on the rectangle base. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, Hunter Rose said:

You've done a seriously nice job at sculpting the extra detail, it's seamless and just looks like a bit of the original base unpainted. 

I think it was definitely worth doing, it's beefed out the narrower end and does look cleaner and better than when it was on the rectangle base. 

Cheers HR,Ive applied a base coat and a wash of Ink and it looks to be matching up nicely,Admittedly I did have a "My God,What have I done" moment :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carts said:

Cheers HR,Ive applied a base coat and a wash of Ink and it looks to be matching up nicely,Admittedly I did have a "My God,What have I done" moment :)

I think I have that moment about a third of the way in of every project I do!! :lol:

• Haha 1

I like the extra bit as well, it has a faintly Giger-esque quality and matches up nicely with the original.

I don't know how much you're in the mood for other rework, but while I like Dutch's eyes I think they'd work better in the scene if they were looking up under the lids rather than looking down. So the iris would be partly obscured by the upper eyelid and you'd see a bit more white & pink underneath?

Unless there's something in the pose that I'm missing, of course? If he's got something in his hands the current eyeline would make perfect sense.

My 2p!

W

Hi Will,its not clear from the piccys Ive posted but Arnies half way up the tree with the predators hand around his throat,so they are actually looking in each others eyes,its kind of romantic really!:)

Oh that does make a dramatic difference! I think I'd assumed the pose had him on the floor facing Preddy (like my little metal one does). Neat :)

W

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

This is coming along very nicely since I last looked in. You certainly have a talent for colour blending - I am looking forward to seeing this diorama completed. Very nice work indeed

Thanks GS,i Think,hope,Im getting to the end of this build,If I never have to paint another bloody fern it will be too soon:)

Calling the base done......its not,it will require a few touch ups,but Im really at the end of the enjoyment curve on this one.

2Q3hKF.jpg

iJW7eQ.jpg

Main actors in place,that was fun,requiring about eight hands and various bits of epoxy resin,milliput,super glue and the occasional prayer to the elder gods.....................................and lots and lots of swearing.

08qkhA.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1