This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

German Armour

What happens at a hundred??????

Hi all, I'm just wondering what happens when you reach 100 posts? Also, what benefits do you receive from the big guy upstairs when you donate to help keep the site running?

Thanks,

Mark.

(woops :banghead::blush:)

Edited by Panther II

Erm.... I think you meant to put 'big GUY'?  ?8^)

I think the only thing reaching 100 gives you is the ability to buy and sell in the buy/sell area and donating is just a free will contribution to keeping the site running (this beastie costs money to keep alive).

I was going to say that you get a telegram from the Queen, but I don't think that's what you meant:fraidnot:.

Edited by Bullbasket
Carnt spel.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I was going to say that you get a telegram from the Queen, but I don't thank that's what you meant:fraidnot:.

No, but the big guy is Mike, so he has to count as the big guy on this forum.;)

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

Erm.... I think you meant to put 'big GUY'?  ?8^)

I think the only thing reaching 100 gives you is the ability to buy and sell in the buy/sell area and donating is just a free will contribution to keeping the site running (this beastie costs money to keep alive).

When you donate don't you get certain "upgrades?" I heard somewhere around here. :whistle:

Edited by Panther II

Hmm ... Well if you do no-one told me about it.

afaik you get able to make unlimited 'likes' per day and a bigger PM mailbox and. . . . . err, I think thats it

oh. . . . the mods are a teeny wee bit gentler with you if you're mildly naughty  :whistle:

When you get to 100, the very next post will take you to 101!! 

No seriously, as previously mentioned at the 100 post mark you are able to trade within the wants / sell / buy section. By donating and becoming a ‘gold member’ you have the ability to also edit your post without showing that annoying subscript to show that you’ve edited your post. 

Your username will also stand out in a glowing shade of Trainer Yellow or RLM04 which is nice. 

Cheers.. Dave 

It's also obligatory to join in with the rest of the loonies and type gibberish in various posts.

(No names, no pack drill) Ah, bring a cushion for the naughty step. Maybe some cake too.

Oh, and be careful not to spill Maple syrup on the carpet. 😉

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's also obligatory to join in with the rest of the loonies and type gibberish in various posts.

(No names, no pack drill) Ah, bring a cushion for the naughty step. Maybe some cake too.

Oh, and be careful not to spill Maple syrup on the carpet. 😉

:) We'll don't worry about the maple syrup. I used it all up. :) What's in the bottle might be stronger though.:whistle:

You get a lovely warm feeling. Like that first sip of a good whiskey. Or opening the box & seeing all that plastic waiting for you, just before you realise you'll probably cock this one up too.

4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

afaik you get able to make unlimited 'likes' per day and a bigger PM mailbox and. . . . . err, I think thats it

Not quite - you also get to ignore the anti-flood filter that affects un-gelded :giggle: members.  That means you can post straight away after your last one, or blat out the likes as you scroll down the thread.  It's not much, but it's just a wee thank you for your support :)

The only other benefit is you help keep the site running, which is nice :)

4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

oh. . . . the mods are a teeny wee bit gentler with you if you're mildly naughty  :whistle:

No, not really - we don't play favourites.  We don't like people who are horrible, we prefer nice people, which is why those unable to play by the very simple rules usually end up stomping off in a huff :shrug:

Well...... 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Not quite - you also get to ignore the anti-flood filter that affects un-gelded :giggle: members.  That means you can post straight away after your last one, or blat out the likes as you scroll down the thread.  It's not much, but it's just a wee thank you for your support :)

The only other benefit is you help keep the site running, which is nice :)

No, not really - we don't play favourites.  We don't like people who are horrible, we prefer nice people, which is why those unable to play by the very simple rules usually end up stomping off in a huff :shrug:

The big one spoke. We the huddled masses shall listen to your wise words of wisdom.:worthy::giggle:

A golden ray of sunlight will shine upon you from above and endow you with all the world's knowledge ... no, sorry, that's when you join local government as a councillor ...

10 hours ago, Panther II said:

I'm almost at the big 100 so it'll be interesting to see what happens. :)

:frantic: All 100 brings you is the ability to access and post in the buy/sell area, so please don't get your hopes up :unsure:

Thinking about it, you may also be able to change your Custom Member title to something amusing and witty... or not :shrug:

16 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Hot freshly made Ulster pancakes, maple syrup, hot coffee,   :thumbsup:  :eat:

Didn't take long for baked confectionery to enter the thread.....

Mmm cake.

7 hours ago, Panther II said:

Well, when your waiting for something to happen, you get hungry.🍌

Don't forget that the chat areas don't bolster your post count, as anyone can waffle :blah: The "meaningful" areas do increase your post count, which is our sneaky way of encouraging folks to get involved in the goings on of the site :)

19 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

A golden ray of sunlight will shine upon you from above

the words in italics are interchangeable :wicked:

I’m hoping that you save your elusive 100th post for something special, such as a RFI. Come on, you know you can do it! 

Cheers.. Dave