This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

oggy4u

Finemolds Ki-43I review

Hi 

About 30 minutes ago someone posted a review of Finemolds Nakajima Ki-42 I in 1/72 scale . It appeared then disappeared.  Did the author remove it ?

Alan

1 hour ago, oggy4u said:

Hi 

About 30 minutes ago someone posted a review of Finemolds Nakajima Ki-42 I in 1/72 scale . It appeared then disappeared.  Did the author remove it ?

Alan

Here's the link to his review: http://www.deaddesignmodels.com/model-reviews/nakajima-ki-43-i-hayabusa-1-72/

I read it and it provides great insight, every statement being supported by photos.

Must say I am very grateful to the author as he informed me about the things I personally don't like

and led me to the conclusion that this one is not a substitute for Fujimi kits in my stash.

Thank you for saving my wallet 👍

Will it be released as a standalone kit or only available as part of a magazine ?

10 hours ago, Basuroy said:

Will it be released as a standalone kit or only available as part of a magazine ?

It would probably be released as a kit in a couple of years, same thing happened to the F-14 and Ki-14

However , they never did release the 1/72 A6M2 Zero as a  stand alone kit .

That makes me a little nervous .

Looks like a stunning kit. I'll buy it just for the innovative parts breakdown and the canopy framing solution. In the end though I don't think it will result in a better model than the Fujimi kit.

Technically interesting, but I can't get upset because cockpit fittings that can't be seen have been omitted.  I do however prefer being given full engines rather than what FM provide here, and also feel that the review should have said something about the transfer sheet.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, oggy4u said:

However , they never did release the 1/72 A6M2 Zero as a  stand alone kit .

That makes me a little nervous .

I got their A6M3 with the magazine tie-in and it didn't cost me a whole lot more than a normal FM kit. In fact you could argue it's a better deal as you get a very nice magazine along with your kit rather than a cardboard box. Of course you can't read the magazine but it comes with lots of nice pictures, including a few surprising ones.