Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk1

Great modelling! For figures, it's possible - and a lot of fun in my view - to customise a figure to adopt the required pose. Simply cut the limbs (and possibly the head) at the principal joints, drilling holes for some soft metal wire to act as a joint, then filling, sanding and painting to suit. Give it a go!

• Thanks 1

On 18 February 2019 at 11:41 PM, Cloudman1961 said:

I used Mr Hobby acrylics having referenced the IPMS website. Not always right, but it came out well. The roundel colours were mixed from Tamiya acrylics and if anyone wants the mixes let me know.

I’m afraid the undercarriage doesn’t move, as I say I committed myself when I completed the wing.

1/24 scale erks are few an far between, unfortunately. If anyone can help with that, I’d welcome being pointed in the right direction. I have a Tamiya Rally Car maintenance team that looks useful.

A fine result! It would be really good if you could post the Tamiya mix you used for the roundels. I am sure many people would find it a useful reference.

11 hours ago, spruecutter said:

A fine result! It would be really good if you could post the Tamiya mix you used for the roundels. I am sure many people would find it a useful reference.

Happy to do that...

The paint codes are Tamiya references

Roundel blue: XF8 Flat Blue 95%; XF1 Flat Black 5%

Roundel white: XF2 Flat white 100%

Roundel red: XF7 Flat Red 75%; XF68 Flat NATO Brown 25%

Roundel yellow: XF3 FlatYellow 99%; XF7 Flat Red 1%

(with thanks to whoever I got this from!)

• Like 1