Chris

Christopher Huxley

HI ALL

new member Chris,,here

My Autumn 2019 build project is,,,,,,,,,,,converting Monograms 1/72 B-52D into an F,,,,.  got the B-52 yesterday, the J57-P-43W engines made by Buffmaster sold by Kitlinx in the U.S.A

are on there way,,,hopefully..,,the B-52F will be 57-0163 of the 320th BMW. Cr 1968,  I have undertaken considerable research into which kit would be best to convert , and without doubt Monograms kit is the obvious and only realistic choice, after all the only visible difference  are the engines. though removing and scribing all panel lines will take considerable time.

and scratch build a full bomb bay.  meantime would anybody be interested in buying my Trumpeter 1//32 F-105D with the blackbox cockpit resin det set.. 

MENG,s M3A3 & the interior kit have arrived ,,OMG what have I got myself into now......

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks Mac !!!

I am designing etc how to scratch build the 52s bomb & u/c bays, & all inner doors from all the books and photos I have,,plus the the net,, I am not getting Eduards PE sets, I think I will have a go creating it all myself out of plastic ,,evergreen etc.  I have started using my airbrush for the first time...again ,,omg why didn't I get one years ago...

Chris 

9 hours ago, Christopher Huxley said:

have recently got into AVFs of WW2.. got 1/35 Tiger tank , M48 Patton , a AEC Matador.

If you're interested im running a group build for Patton series tanks starting at the end of March ? Theres a Tiger tank group build starting in May. So some oppurtunities to build and get to know everyone ? The camaraderie and comedy can be quite a lot of fun in the group builds.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Well,,its all go here isn't it, yep I love Tanks and AVFs etc, recently built Tamiya's  Challenger II desertised , just finished AFV Club M109A6 Paladin, don't know which to start next,,Dragons Tiger I ( now I have my degree in understanding the wheel options instructions ), or Tamiya's M48A3 Patton ,,got the eduard PE sheet for this as well.,,, I aim to start the B-52 in,,,,errr october  ,,ish. yep love to get involved Dennis.

Chris

or shall I start the MENG M3A3 Bradley ??,,,,,,think I may mow the back lawn ???

Edited by Christopher Huxley
adding
  • Like 1

Hi Dennis

I have been assured that my B-52F J57-P-43W resin engines set from kitlinx are on there way and I have been sent a tracking number...

I didn't mow the back lawn,,,,errrr I fell asleep,,,,,now I have been given orders to decorate our sons bedroom,,,,,, tidy up the garage ,,and mow the back lawn..

I have been married 35 years you probably know the rest,,bla bla bla.........

Chris

p.s   really struggling with this site.......everything's all over the place .

• Sad 1

Hello Chris the nice thing about the Forum is it will always be there. We all understand life gets in the way of modeling. I dont know what you are looking for specifically on the forum. I can try and direct you there.

Though based on our previous conversation here are a couple of links. One to the Group build area, the other two to the Tiger and Patton builds.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/50-group-builds/

Tiger:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235027826-panzer-vi-tiger-stgb-18-may-2019-to-18-aug-2019/

Patton:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235028048-patton-tank-build-now-at-35-300319-300619/

I hope that helps you ? If you have more questions try this @Corsairfoxfouruncle to get my attention ? 

Dennis