Airfix 1/72 Hurricane I (early) (Now with Photos! :))

Good evening chaps. 

This is my first completed kit in about 3 years so please be gentle. I wanted something ‘shake and bake’ so to speak so elected for this particular kit, albeit with a different twist from your standard Battle of Britain camp. The black and white underneath looks fab I think! No issue with fit or anything kit-wise. Troubles only arose from my inexperience! Paintwise I used various brushes with Tamiya acrylic, Humbrol enamel/acrylic and Model Master acrylics. I finally 'mastered' painting Tamiya by brush by adding a little acrylic retarder to it. As this was used with the white it took about 6/7 thin coats to get a solid colour. Overall I’m very pleased with my effort but any constructive criticism would be most welcome. 

Doccur 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e8L5hftuerLx4Wj89

RCqnuvml2ZQJ68-R70aJzYS0bs0WvGFtp9TCZ4jZ

h4rmtjsek6sQG85F4W9A1upkN9Udq784yfMMc3VR

y5_wnljAwj49dWB_SL-ckBXSkPAoic05QzlHcWU0

g0jK2LGnK0eLsHeqNydyJSIrEKbzUWRjH3t2XJSw

VAh35fk_LG85oy96aPhgQemVxUnuYP397JihkZai

O6uVI9FKcpm9lF9dxl5XyqVyUuVADLLJ0rPuzFbm

Edited by Doccur
Forgot to add photos
  • Like 36

Hi, @Doccur Possibly the easiest way to show your photos is to use Google. I have pasted @Gorby's excellent instructions. If you still have problems let us know.

' I assume you know how to access Google Photos? I can't remember if it originally asks you questions when you originally set it up, if it does, let me know and I'll attempt to answer.

When your photo is ready to upload, click the 'upload' icon on the top row (right-hand side).

When the photo has uploaded, it will ask if you want it in a particular album – I recommend that you do put it somewhere as it makes things a lot easier to find.

Click on the album in question and then the photo you want to put on here.

Right click and select 'Copy image address'.

Then just paste the link directly into your post.

There is a white arrow in the top left that takes you back to the album, and then a black arrow that takes you back to the main page.'

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Very nice Hurricane.👍 Perhaps a little more light in the photos would be good.

And slightly larger images in the 800x600 range, if possible.

Chris

• Like 1

Looks pretty good to me.

Personally I like things to look a little more weathered and worn (particularly the B&W undersides), but that is perhaps just a matter of taste.

All up, it's a nice build to break a three-year hiatus with.

Look forward to seeing more.

:goodjob: 

• Thanks 1

I've got this one and was having a look at it the other day. I have the urge to do it but I really have to pull my finger out and finish some of the ones which are languishing in the Hall of Shame.

That looks utterly excellent, nice work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smithy said:

I've got this one and was having a look at it the other day. I have the urge to do it but I really have to pull my finger out and finish some of the ones which are languishing in the Hall of Shame.

That looks utterly excellent, nice work.

That’s the beauty of it... it just puts itself together 😊 we’ve all been there, the endless cycle of putting one kit down and starting another 😂 thanks !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @junglierating!

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:51, X Wing Flyboy said:

Thats one nice Hurrican man, well built and painted!

Thanks for the link to view her. This kit goes together well, only issue was the step in the leading edge of the wing near the wing root. Took some sanding did that. 

Couldn't agree more! I struggled with the undercarriage bay didn't go together too well either.