Lynx and Dingo scout cars 1/35

Ted

Here are a couple scout cars I've been working on. The Miniart Daimler Dingo 1b and a conversion to make a Ford Lynx. The Miniart kit is fantastic, really good detail and fit. Such a small vehicle.

The Lynx is a scratch conversion of the old Tamiya Dingo kit. I've been using George Bradford's scale drawings as well as the Lynx in Canadian Service book from Service Publications. So big compared to the Daimler car it was designed to simulate. I used a CMP chassis and wheels like the real cars made by Ford in Windsor, Ontario did.

IMG_7484

IMG_7485

IMG_7486

Here's a look at the eventual vignette for the Lynx. It's inspired by a photo from Steve Guthrie's book Camouflage and Markings of Canadian Armoured Vehicles vol2. It's a Manitoba Dragoons car that had a .30 cal machine gun mounted on the front carrying German prisoners. I'm just going to include just one prisoner, modified from Tamiya and Tristar parts. The Canadian figures are Miniart with Ultracast and Hornet heads.

IMG_7481

• Like 10

• 3 years later...

Wow great work. I only just found this post so have you made any progress?  I have the same two references and seeing your conversion it has given me the kickstart to have a go at a similar conversion in 1/48th scale using Tamiya Dingo and wheels from an Airfix Bedford MWD (poor tire tread but at least the correct diameter). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dcrfan said:

Wow great work. I only just found this post so have you made any progress?  I have the same two references and seeing your conversion it has given me the kickstart to have a go at a similar conversion in 1/48th scale using Tamiya Dingo and wheels from an Airfix Bedford MWD (poor tire tread but at least the correct diameter). 

Thanks! I've made a bit of progress, I'll post some pictures. Good luck with your build, I'd love to see it.