WIKING HANOMAG K 55 tracks tractor 1/25, before/after

Hi guys

I am proudly presents  to you the HANOMAG K 55 tracks tractor ( Kettenschlepper ) for which i got the gold medal  at the European Model Expo  2018.

The K 55 was built from 1951 to 1957 by Hanomag AG in Hannover-Linden/ Germany in a quantity of 839.

Max. Speed : 6 km/h

Weight : 4,5 tons

Power : 55HP

The model is made by WIKING, the first release was in the 60th but later in the 90th it came in a reboxing version but still the same tools

My idea or my intention was this time to make two of same models on a diorama which shows the original model straight from the box and a one what got a really heavy scratch works and  weathering, i used salt technic, hairspray method and at the first time sand blasting.

From the first sight i dont want paint it in red but in orange colour, coz i want shows some contrast to the rust, grease and so on which is better to see on orange than on red colour.

The whole model got a heavy scratch work, example new fire wall, new seat, tracks and wheels got 180 drill holes, drilled headlights, milled grills, tool boxes, battery box, wired engine and so on.

the whole process was really a joy and pleasure.

so, here we go

hanomagk555fjf9.jpg

20170810_1558216ekh7.jpg

20170810_1558365aj2o.jpg

13313-3217114t8joo.jpg

13313-3217116dxk3y.jpg

13313-32171286vkeb.jpg

13313-32171465pkul.jpg

13313-3217148gxkw8.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-31ikg5.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-43mjtt.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-5rykoq.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-6stkvy.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-7ffj0c.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-8ahj69.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-9n7kyd.jpg

hanomag-raupe-k-55-10x2kxl.jpg

part-3.2-173uoje2.jpg

• Like 13

Hello Jeroen

Thank you so much.  Hehehe yes i think the same about it when i hear sand blasting, but this time there was an offer in e-bay for a little sand blasting pistol for 24,00€ include the sand, not much bigger than an airbrush and compatible with normal airbrush compressor. So i ordered a one and tried it right away. The result was really awesome. But you must prime with a really good primer as Chaos Black by Citadel, the best primer i know, after that i airbrush several layers of Hull Red Enamel colours like Humbrol or Revell, after this base coat i paint the Tractor with some rust tones and last but not least the final coat of orange, here i used Tamiya

Important is also to do it outside ( my photo is just a show, not the reality ) i did it on my balcony, you need to wear a mask, eye protect glass and old clothes because the dust is enormous, also you have to keep distance between the pistol and model, or else the plastic gets damaged. Also low pressure only.

comp_dscf21171pkio.jpg

comp_dscf2119wvj0w.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Amazing man, how you managed to scale that red one up to 1:1 and then parked it next to an actual tractor. Don't know many people who would be capable of that! 

Stunning work man. Unbelievable quality, if I were only half as good as you that would really help me out tremendously. 

• Like 1

Like how you displayed the original next to the finished one. It shows people where you started. So you sandblasted through the paint layers to get the colours  you wanted, correct? It looks good enough to get on and go for a ride on the farm, can almost smell the grease and fuel.

• Like 2

busnproplinerfan@ Yes my friend, correct...........but it needs a bit of training, so i was starting at the lower hull  to see how it works, at first the pressure was to high, so i reduced it to really low pressure and then it worked really well.

2 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

busnproplinerfan@ Yes my friend, correct...........but it needs a bit of training, so i was starting at the lower hull  to see how it works, at first the pressure was to high, so i reduced it to really low pressure and then it worked really well.

Thanks I will have to remember this and give it a try.

• Like 1