Hasegawa Harrier Gr Mk7 - Canopy Replacement Parts

Guy

I have just a few minor items to do to finish my Hasegawa RAF Harrier GR Mk.7 and have hit a problem all of my own making.

My fat fingers have managed to crack the forward canopy, Amerang have checked that they do not have any spares for this model and have directed me towards the Hasegawa Japan website for their replacement parts service. However, my lack of Japanese language skills backed up by Google Translate allowed me to locate where they talk about the service, but it doesnt really help too much in knowing how to access it from the UK. So Two questions:

1) Has anyone got any recent experience with the service ?  (The Googling I have done has come up with old info or not relevant for this country).

2) Is there anyone out there who might have this part and be amenable to doing a deal ?

This is my second build since coming back to the craft and full of little issues (bad join in front of cockpit, radome colour wrong to name just a couple). First attempt at a pin wash which I am not overly unhappy with but each model pushing it just a bit more. Next up is an Airfix Sea Vixen, hopefully followed by the mythical Tanmodel 1/48 Buccaneer.

46399463444_898acf922f_c.jpgHarrier2 by Guy_UK, on Flickr

Hello Guy,

Years ago I bought a 1/72 B-47 Stratojet Hasegawa. But there was no transparency sprue in it.

When I say Years ago, it was the time of stamp and paper, Before the internet.

I used the form included in the instructions, filledit and send it to japan with postal receipt of around 10US $ for postage fees.

It took at least 3 months but I get my canopy.

I must say that after one month, I believed that everything was lost but No !

To me they are very serious.

Sincerely.

Oh and Welcome aboard !!

Corsaircorp