Best PE kit for academy Warspite 1:350

Onezonedrone

Hi 

I have a 1:350 academy Warspite and am wanting to upgrade with wood deck and PE set. I'm interested to hear suggestions about which one to get. Was thinking about the pontos super set but seen MK1 set or white ensign.

The MK1 set seems to be about half the price of the pontos while the White ensign doesn't come with decks and is similar price as pontos. Anyone used these before? 

3 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Pontos is the the absolute best of the lot here by a country mile.

Even the Academy "Premium Edition" box set chose Pontos as their enhancements and indeed it included around half of the Pontos set.

Thanks I was looking at the pontos kit an it looks pretty substantial. Just one question the premium academy kit only includes half the set you get buying the pontos kit separate? 

8 minutes ago, Onezonedrone said:

Thanks I was looking at the pontos kit an it looks pretty substantial. Just one question the premium academy kit only includes half the set you get buying the pontos kit separate? 

Yes that's correct. If planning on going the whole hog with Pontos it's better to just buy the basic Academy kit for £40 or thereabouts as there is no way to buy "the other half" of the Pontos set thus you'd have a lot of duplication of parts.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Yes that's correct. If planning on going the whole hog with Pontos it's better to just buy the basic Academy kit for £40 or thereabouts as there is no way to buy "the other half" of the Pontos set thus you'd have a lot of duplication of parts.

Thanks for the advice Pontos it is then. Originally I tried to find a premium kit but couldn't find one glad I got the standard one now. 

• Like 1