LS Willow Type-93 K5Y2 Second Chance

JOCKNEY

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, yes! The Willow project is revived.

Pat,

I was keen to join this GB (at least when it was a loooong way in the future). Unfortunately, I'm struggling with the maritime/coastal command GB. Hopefully, I'll be ready for the next flying boat/seaplane GB...

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how your Willow progresses, and on what particular shade of orange you settle upon.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David

Great to hear from you.

No excuses for either of us now the Maritime GB is over, that blooming Condor was nearly the finish of me !

I will need to get my finger out and get started on this one.

For a starters, any idea what the interior colour is supposed to be ? I was tempted to go with a hemp due to it being fabric covered, so unlikely to be painted on the inside.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

The Condor came out great in the end. I struggled with the Maritime GB (and will continue to struggle with the Lorna!).

I think the idea of using hemp for the Willow interior is a good one. These are, I think, the only colour images of a Willow interior I managed to find. Probably an example taken over by Indonesia at the end of the war:

46755065274_c51ea1c090_z.jpg

46755066934_593a235419_z.jpg

46755066404_a0ebca5af4_z.jpg

The orange visible on the leather pads may well be the original trainer colour (but weathered). I have a stack of other images if you would like – I can send them to you via PM?

I'm looking forward to seeing your Willow come together (and I noticed there is already one finished in this GB from John DC Masters – no pressure!)

Regards,

David

• Haha 2