Henschel Hs 123A-1 - 1:72 Airfix

Mig88

This is the Airfix 1:72 Henschel Hs 123A-1 kit I built back in 2006.

It represents "Red F", of 8./SG1, Luftwaffe, in Russia, 1942.

It was built mostly OOB with some details added in the cockpit and the engine. I thinned the fins of the bombs. I reworked the spinner and thinned the propeller blades. The side ptoto probe was added as well as the wires.

The kit was painted with brush and only the varnish was airbrushed.

Thanks for looking. As usual, all comments are welcome.

Miguel

pNDEn3hGN8xDeQuAFEPzKqenfQ_2_QxrwIQfiHLp

gMAF1AKtDUG5f-lcC83QYExofE2w7hryiYaR1_5O

X-YcMzRqbpTqMtlK_15buqj64-89jCt1Na0vIWC0

9cE6CJzCgM5yiGFbaRomYiPLeRueneZmCE6jPmF7

fQ4p_BBkZjBVoSXj9CFw-1zWOPm5UK_jP3wZUrqW

qYtbGJ0NGEBsdmrEyQPX3slbexMeaa64w5xhXKtl

s9xRmU5KN373zLn7rDW-4rt4HET9et_Wym3TjgSZ

tc1UGNaPep-9fkoP9tra01UsTTTsTYQJonHZ_UCx

• Like 25

Thank you very much everyone!

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

That's a nice model. Pilot is well done as well. I have the Heller one in my cabinet I made in the eighties. At looks like Airfix got the markings right. The Heller one has a red triangle.

I wasn't aware that Heller had released this kit!

Miguel

That's a nice model. Pilot is well done as well. I have the Heller one in my cabinet I made in the eighties. At looks like Airfix got the markings right. The Heller one has a red triangle.

Hi Greg,

as far as I know, Heller never did a Hs 123. They were in a kind of partnership with Airfix, and both companies were selling each other's kits under their own labels. Did I hear confusing?

That's how Heller went on to sell some Airfix horrors like the F4U-1A Corsair, misleading a whole generation into buying a plastic monster!

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Greg,

as far as I know, Heller never did a Hs 123. They were in a kind of partnership with Airfix, and both companies were selling each other's kits under their own labels. Did I hear confusing?

That's how Heller went on to sell some Airfix horrors like the F4U-1A Corsair, misleading a whole generation into buying a plastic monster!

Cheers

JR

I agree. It must have been the Airfix kit since I had built one of these before in the late 1970s or early 1980s and checking some photos I still have, it was indeed in red! In fact, I've just checked my notes on this build and the decal was still red and I have overpainted it in black as it should be... I had forgotten 😉!

Miguel

I still have one hanging from the ceiling that dad built back in 1973/4 or thereabouts. Lovely paint-job and assembly and then he let six year old me put the transfers on... Oops... :blink:

Anyway, I can confirm that the triangle is red.

Yours looks super, just the biz! B)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mig88 said:

I agree. It must have been the Airfix kit since I had built one of these before in the late 1970s or early 1980s and checking some photos I still have, it was indeed in red! In fact, I've just checked my notes on this build and the decal was still red and I have overpainted it in black as it should be... I had forgotten 😉!

Miguel

Now there's an idea. 🙂

• Like 1