Prinz Eugen

BeltArmor

Hi Everyone I'm Lee

My first build log on this great site and this will be my first ship for many years and to kick start my return to Maritime modelling will be the Trumpeter 1/350 Prinz Eugen with the Eduard pe set and Pontos wood deck and Aber brass barrel set and finally MIG super fine rigging so far i have reshaped the stem Fair lead to look closer to the real thing and using Tamiya epoxy putty sculpted the bulges on the side of the hull where the anchor chain rubs ( Is there a correct name for this part of the ship ) I also used Tamiyas fine pe saw to remove some molded on detail for the Pontos deck to fit more easily as it has not got all the cut outs for some of the molded on details i will fit them back on once the wood deck is installed.

DSCN0093_zpsywxg4cif.jpg

DSCN0094_zpshuy1j6nv.jpg

DSCN0095_zpszzswwmny.jpg

DSCN0096_zpsnkznl8bl.jpg

DSCN0097_zpswjrjpkva.jpg

DSCN0098_zpslufjca1d.jpg

Cheers back soon with more progress

Lee :)

• Like 9

Gidday Lee, Welcome aboard. Prinz Eugen was almost my favorite German ship of WWII (second only to the Scharnhorst, and it was a close race). I've done this ship in 1/600 (Airfix) so I'm very interested in following your build here. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Gidday mate and welcome aboard. Off to a very nice and clean start. I am currently doing the Bismarck so to have both from the same Operation going at the same time will be fun. Watching with interest.....Cheers mark

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Lee, Welcome aboard. Prinz Eugen was almost my favorite German ship of WWII (second only to the Scharnhorst, and it was a close race). I've done this ship in 1/600 (Airfix) so I'm very interested in following your build here. Regards, Jeff.

Gidday Jeff thanks i have my eye on the Dragon 1/350 Scharnhorst kit

• Like 1

16 hours ago, surfsup said:

Gidday mate and welcome aboard. Off to a very nice and clean start. I am currently doing the Bismarck so to have both from the same Operation going at the same time will be fun. Watching with interest.....Cheers mark

Gidday Mark thanks your Bismarck is looking great mine may still be in the fitting out stage when yours is ready for operation though 🚣‍♂️

On 2/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Lee...:post1: from Chicago USA. My favorite German ship is the Prinz Eugen, Mind if i watch ? 

Dennis

Hi Dennis thanks mate and i'm here to be watched 🕵️‍♂️

Lee

On 2/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, mick said:

good luck with your build

Thanks Mick

Lee

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, Bandsaw Steve said:

Hey Belt Armour - just checked out your profile and see you are in Western Australia.

Extra welcome for you mate! 👍👍👍

Will we see this one at WASMEx?

Thanks Steve that is a possibility 

Lee

• Like 1

I got the hull painted using my favorite paint Mr Hobby Lacquers Trumpeter calls out for the superstructure to be painted the same color as the hull but i will paint it a lighter grey

The wood deck went down no problems and i'm very happy with the look it gives oh and i have plans to give this one a water base too using Vallejo water effects.

Ok time to start the pe work and i just bought Mig's slow setting ca to try out too :)

DSCN0104_zpsq67sewor.jpg

DSCN0103_zpsuq5sf3ww.jpg

DSCN0101_zpsearynbks.jpg

DSCN0100_zpskdd3xtep.jpg

Cheers back soon with the superstructure and pe work.

Lee

• Like 9

On 2/19/2019 at 12:13 AM, Jerry L said:

From one newbie to another, hello. Have this baby I the 'stash' will be watching your build with interest.

Hello Jerry its a pretty great kit for the price

Lee