Burn Down Their Hanging Trees (1/72 Airfix Lancaster B.III)

That's a real beauty! 

One small question, if I may. The prop spinners look to be painted with a glossy/semi-glossy paint. Why is that? Shouldn't they be the same paint as the rest of the undersides?

Chris

2 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

One small question, if I may. The prop spinners look to be painted with a glossy/semi-glossy paint. Why is that? Shouldn't they be the same paint as the rest of the undersides?

You may. 

I know it's wrong, and yes, they should be Night, but it looks nice, and it's easy to use the gloss black for them. That's not a good reason, but here we are.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Procopius said:

You may. 

I know it's wrong, and yes, they should be Night, but it looks nice, and it's easy to use the gloss black for them. That's not a good reason, but here we are.

Good enough for me! 

I've already got my spot to watch your Spitfire build.

Chris

16 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Wonderful finish PC. Is she for an RFI? 👌

I almost never do those, especially since my lightbox got caught by some basement flooding and kicked the bucket, but I'll think about it. 

• Like 3

Well done (as usual) PC, another cracking build

Not just excellent modelling but great* life experiences too

All the best

Geoff

*Well not all great but you know what I mean I'm sure

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2019 at 6:04 AM, Procopius said:

That's aside from a very compelling argument which recently fell into my hands, and which is reproduced below as (fig.2) with appropriate emendations; I trust you'll find it as masterful a display of ontology as the world has seen since St Anselm penned the Proslogion. 

Shimer may be considered the worst school in the US Tertiary Ed system, but on the basis of that line it has not lived in vain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thom216 said:

As to the base, can you give a pic of that?

Oh, it's a custom base from Bases by Bill, an unpainted version of this one. I have a couple of bases by them, I saw them at my local IPMS show a few years back and I love their work.

• Like 1