Burn Down Their Hanging Trees (1/72 Airfix Lancaster B.III)

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

Sorry for the radio silence, chaps, and little has been accomplished on the modelling front, but as of Monday at work I'm in a new department with a promotion (and a fairly substantial raise) as part of my employer's newly formed Digital Content Unit. This is big for us here at Manse Procopius, since, first of all, it means we don't face impending financial annihilation in the form of childcare costs that hitherto exceeded our ability to save for them, and secondly it means we might even be able to save for other things, like home renovations, or a new car, or possibly a new wife if Mrs P can't show a little more goddamn enthusiasm for the biggest news of the year so far. But I digress. Big day. My job will change a lot, and I'll be dealing with a lot more responsibility going forward. Scary days.

Congrats Edward... well deserved....as for the wife and your great news....well to be honest my wife had no idea what I did until she came to my retirement lunch last September and even then it was a glancing interest. As long as I was bringing in the dough she didn't care..rather disheartening really but I take solace in knowing I did the mission assigned to me with honor and made it through. The Lanc in looking awesome BTW

All the Best!

Don

• Like 4

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Well done getting promoted Edward, round of drinks from you at Telford then

I was kind of concerned that I'd be trekking through England with a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread to cut costs, but hopefully this puts me on a much better footing for that!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

I was kind of concerned that I'd be trekking through England with a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread to cut costs, but hopefully this puts me on a much better footing for that!

Now you can afford cheddar cheese , Branston pickle, and 2 loaves!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, limeypilot said:

Now you can afford cheddar cheese , Branston pickle, and 2 loaves!

Ian

A man has cheese and a loaf of bread, he can make a grilled cheese, his problems are over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

You obviously need introducing to Branston. No grilling needed!

I make a pretty nice grilled cheese with bacon, dill pickle, and cheddar cheese, if you want to get fancy, but I look forward to experiencing the culinary delights of the Branston pickle when back in that green and pleasant land. After Wimpey Burger, anything else is a step up.

• Haha 5

https://parkersbritishinstitution.com

Enjoy, young PC. Proper food, available in the US! I used them myself many times when I needed a fix of "old country" food!

The pies, sausages, and pasties are exquisite! (I won't mention the proper bacon. Oh wait, I just did....)

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

https://parkersbritishinstitution.com

Enjoy, young PC. Proper food, available in the US! I used them myself many times when I needed a fix of "old country" food!

The pies, sausages, and pasties are exquisite! (I won't mention the proper bacon. Oh wait, I just did....)

Ian

A reliable source of black pudding!?! This is truly a great day.

Speaking of great days, I got some more done on the Lanc.

IMG_20190330_140247

IMG_20190330_140253

IMG_20190330_140317

IMG_20190330_140326

Some interior colour sprayed, wings closed up, puttering along.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

I make a pretty nice grilled cheese with bacon, dill pickle, and cheddar cheese, if you want to get fancy, but I look forward to experiencing the culinary delights of the Branston pickle when back in that green and pleasant land. After Wimpey Burger, anything else is a step up.

Layer of brown sauce (HP is a must) and then you favourite cheddar, grill... and you will be living your best life...

great news on the promotion! Well done and congrats 

Also smooth work on the lanc!

Rob

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on the promotion, Edward. I'm sure Mrs.P will come around after the full effect sinks in.

Last week, while visiting family in the home province, Nova Scotia, my older brother showed me the bottle of Pusser that someone had given our Dad. I'm not sure how long ago he got it. It's been just over 14 years since his passing and he had it for quite a few years before that. It's still unopened.

33624976578_5467b11b0b_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 4

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Branston pickle

Sadly nigh on impossible to find here, and one of those things which is almost essential for anything involving bread and a really sharp cheddar. Actually any decent chutney is difficult to rustle up here. I rely on "red cross" packages from family and friends but am open to kindhearted donations from empathetic fellow Britmodellers. Also in need of Hobnobs, Vegemite, Gentleman's Relish and decent proper marmelade. You can probably even write it off for tax purposes as a donation to a worthy charity :)

Really enjoying watching this Procopius as I have this very kit on the (albeit rather lengthy) to do list. Great stuff!

• Haha 2

Good tidings of great joy re the employment status, learn to delegate, as you can bet you bottom donald that something 'important' will turn up at Telford Time!

Just re-read the Hunter Chronicles, a fine read!

Lanc looking good

and if your going to go native you have to try Marmite, pink blancmange and Gregs ice slices.

225 sleeps to go 

Box on

Strickers

47 minutes ago, HAMP man said:

and if your going to go native you have to try Marmite

I'm pretty sure there are even natives who refuse to try Marmite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I'm pretty sure there are even natives who refuse to try Marmite.

British Marmite is rubbish. There I said it!

Vegemite is far superior, closely followed by New Zealand Marmite (not to be confused with its British namesake). Either of those on hot buttered toast are a far superior spread.

Head down! Incoming!

Edited by Smithy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Andwil said:

I’ve always considered Vegemite a crime against humanity.

AW

Clearly you haven't tried Marmite 🤢

Meanwhile we seem to have drifted away from Pc's Lanc, which seems to be coming on well.

Edited by malpaso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2