Burn Down Their Hanging Trees (1/72 Airfix Lancaster B.III)

6 hours ago, Christer A said:

A late "happy birthday" is better than Bone, so here's to you PC!

I know what you meant to say, but this (while more macabre) remains true as well.

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Probably going to the same place....... :unsure:;)

Steve.

Almost certainly. Rough ride in a Whitley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I know what you meant to say, but this (while more macabre) remains true as well.

Almost certainly. Rough ride in a Whitley.

I think the journey would take twice as long as well, assuming it found its destination at all that is.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 5:55 AM, Christer A said:

I see that your navigator got the same map as the chap in my Whitley...

The nav's table in the GR VII boxing has a map of Northern Ireland I recall.  Fair enough for a machine based at Limavady I daresay.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

It appears the same map decal is used in other Airfix kits. It's in the Dambuster Lanc and the Shack kits, too.

Really getting their money's worth out of the graphic, were Airfix.

6 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Great progress PC can’t belive you have the halves together already, that is speedy work indeed. Must be the power of one more lap around. Happy birthday kid.

Well, I managed to put the forward spar on backwards, so that's a bit embarrassing. But I'll live. 

So I began applying filler:

IMG_20190312_211437

IMG_20190312_211444

I was a little unsure if the blanked-off aperture for the ventral turret/latterly the H2S aerial position would be faired in, but but consulting with the Norman Franks book, it looks like it was still pretty obvious. Still, the filler will serve a purpose there.

I'm weighing Adrian's suggestion to cut off the wheel well portions of the spars so I can attach the wings later. It has much to recommend it, I just worry about screwing it up. 

I've also assembled the outer nacelles and labelled them, as they're handed and it would be awkward to get them mixed up.

I've been in a very punchy mood today. Perhaps it's the very low-calorie diet I'm on (I finally dropped below 200 pounds the other day, very exciting), maybe it's the sinusitis and accompanying headaches I'm now on antibiotics for, but I've been extremely irritable and argumentative. Not great. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

Happy Birthday PC!

I hope you're feeling better soon - I don't like being irritable either; it would be easier to cope with if people were less irritating!

Nice work on the seams too :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well we've been waiting, just for this day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 

have a fabulous day, we know you deserve a fabulous time

remind me/us to buy you a wee drinkiepoo at Telford in celebration

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Well we've been waiting, just for this day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 

have a fabulous day, we know you deserve a fabulous time

Don't give him too many drinkiepoo's,one suspects that the dear Mrs Procopius will be watching the internet like a hawk

to see if there are any pictures of her galavanting husband in a highly parlous state of sobriety caused by an over libation

by his British chums................................

Edited by DaveWilko
  • Haha 4

On 04/03/2019 at 18:28, Procopius said:

Only fifty or so? Oh, I wish I could winnow mine down that far.

Ah but you have the advantage of a much faster build rate and youth in your corner!

Which brings me to the real point of this post: Happy birthday! Have a great day PC, no cake mind, having had such success with the diet it would be a shame to undo all the good work, wouldn't it....  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DaveWilko said:

Don't give him too many drinkiepoo's,one suspects that the dear Mrs Procopius will be watching the internet like a hawk

to see if there are any pictures of her galavanting husband in a highly parlous state of sobriety caused by an over libation

by his British chums................................

Mrs P is not a very internet-savvy person (which is why I still post in the "what have you bought" threads, that and my commitment to capitalism), restricting herself primarily to YouTube "vloggers" (yuck), and Tumblr (triple yuck), and on both platforms as a viewer, rather than a participant, which is good for us, because having lived with her for eight years, I'm 110% certain she could say something on video that would go viral in a career-ending way. 

In any case, as long as I can eat, I usually hold my liquor pretty well (I'm too effete for beer), and mercifully don't generally suffer from hangovers. And I'm so unpleasant normally that strong drink's effects are hardly noticeable!

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

Happy Birthday! Hopefully you will get a decent lunchtime in at work, and I hope there will be cake!

Lunchtime looks to be a go! Unfortunately, my favourite sister has informed me she's making my birthday cake, and...well...she's not my favourite because of her cake-baking skills or lack thereof, let's put it like that. When I relayed the news to Mrs P, she was visibly dismayed.

3 hours ago, perdu said:

I hope they have Horse's Necks.

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

What they said Edward, have a beaut day mate. :)

Steve.

4 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Happy birthday young man

Thanks, fellas!

5 hours ago, amblypygid said:

Anyway, may your day be anything but humdrum, PC! 

Regrettably, the horrible mass shooting in New Zealand means that Twitter, where I spend much of my working time, will be a pretty grim place today. As tragedies go, however, my day shouldn't even rate compared to what people over there must be feeling.

6 hours ago, CedB said:

I hope you're feeling better soon - I don't like being irritable either; it would be easier to cope with if people were less irritating!

Yeah! What's with that?

• Like 5

Hello Edward I am wishing you Happy birthday on your day this time. 🎉🎂 Truly sorry it will be marred by the atrocity in NZ.😥 Truly sorry that today of all days, you get to be constantly reminded of human kinds lesser qualities. I’ve only met you twice, but i consider you a good person, and a modeling friend. I truly hope there is something of this your day, that makes you smile at some point. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday mate, hope it’s alright for you! And a bit better than mine, booked the day off to spend in my own fantastic company only to have my daughter vomit on my door step, bless her. (She’s 9 and at least had the good thought not to do it in the hall, she’s a good egg)

Rob

• Sad 4

Well, I headed down to the mailroom today, and happy birthday to me:

2019-03-15_10-59-45

Rest assured the St Patrick's Day paraphernalia in the back belongs to my cubicle mate, not me.

• Like 21