This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/72 - Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC.1 resin kit by Combat Kits (ex Magna Models) - released

Combat Kits has re-released an updated version of the Magna Models 1/72nd Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC.1 resin kit - ref. KCR006

Source: https://www.facebook.com/freightdogmodels/photos/a.238637406163951/2534515049909497/?type=3&theater

Available here: https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/featured/combat-kits-1-72-scottish-aviation-pioneer-cc-1-complete-resin-model.html

A friend of mine having had a look at Telford at the updated Combat Kits from the Magna Models 1/48th Blackburn Firebrand said "You don't transform a nag into a racehorse".

And for the Twin Pioneer... link or link

In stock now, Combat Kits 1/72 Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC.1 resin kit. Includes clear resin canopy, white metal detail parts and decals by Fantasy Printshop. Limited availability, exclusive to Freightdog website. Price is £33.00 plus postage. We also have the Combat Kits Twin Pioneer in stock at £45.00.

51947663.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

As I recall, Magna’s Pioneer and Twin Pin were among their better efforts. Supplemented with resin clear parts and BOA Agency decals, i’m pretty sure that a very presentable model can result. I let my copies of the original kits go in a mass sell off of a collection too big move, several years ago, I ordered my Pioneer from Freightdog earlier today. If it is as I expect then the twin plan will be next. Many Magna kits could be fairly characterized as a “ nag”, but not these, so hope springs eternal.

I got both at Telford last year and they look really good in the box. They are not nags by any means.

Julien

With the Twin Pin coming from Valom I would pass on the resin one. Single Pioneer might be a possibility though to complete the set. The only Magna kit I ever owned, however, was... not good. Hopefully they've cleaned everything up. I already own enough model nags...