1/32 & 1/48 - Hughes model 269/TH-55 Osage by AMP - 1/32 TH-55A released

Homebee

55 minutes ago, daniele0865 said:

Very good news, and I hope a civilian Schweizer 300C will follow too. It's very similar so not too diffiicult to obtain from the TH-55 mould.

Yea
I'll second that. The 269C/300C would be a very welcome version. Specially as it was that one that was used in Sweden.
Biggest differences are a different engine and longer rotor blades me thinks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daniele0865 said:

Compared to TH-55, the 300c has slightly longer tailboom and different lower tail fin too IIRC.

Right
I knew about the tail fin. And  a longer tail boom would make sense since it has a larger main rotor.

In any case, those small differences shouldn't present any big difficulties to incorporate in the same mould.

33 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Please also consider doing a version with floats. Jacques Cousteau's yellow bird is a classic and plenty of US Police forces flew float-equiped H-300s in the 1970's. 

BM. 

An often used in real life but often neglected in model form option.

2 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Please also consider doing a version with floats. Jacques Cousteau's yellow bird is a classic and plenty of US Police forces flew float-equiped H-300s in the 1970's. 

BM. 

We have the original fuel tank off that helicopter at our local Museum..... Pretty sure when one of the guys unwrapped it from a protective blanket it still had all the original Cousteau markings painted on.  That helicopter ended up in NZ and written off sadly

A pilot friend has been pointing out detail issues with the CAD on my Facebook page, I told him to tell these guys as I can't do anything about it!

"I'm a bit confused by this. I'm sure the TH-55s had a much shorter mast and had friction dampers in the head"

"Also thought that they had the small triangular fin"

As another friend pointed out, the CAD also doesn't have an engine 😇

Edited by k5054nz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...