This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Habu12

Hunt or be hunted. 1/48 Airfix Hunter F.6 247 Sqn

Many times when I build a subject I gain a new respect for its shape. And I thought I couldn’t appreciate the beautiful lines of the Hunter. But wow, this is just such a gorgeous jet! Definitely one of the best of all time. Anyway, I’m coming up with a new rating system for kits. It’ll be based on Doug Demuro’s “Doug Score”, if any of you are YouTube car guys. But it’s a dual block, five category system, of 100 points. Sounds complicated, I know. I’ll elaborate more later since I’ve nailed down all the categories 😆

but general impressions are the usual for new Airfix kits, very good fit, some good detail, but could use a bit more. Not that it matters much in the cockpit, as it’s black anyway, so you done much past the seat top. No major fit issues.

fHyRDiD.jpggZ5VDZW.jpg3kSINWl.jpg4Zgo9dZ.jpgLYSiGI0.jpgk4ccu7X.jpg

tZdsa03.jpgSQyzEax.jpg

What a pretty jet. It's always been one of favourites and you've done it proud.

Love this, these Airfix Hunters are looking superb! Think I might have to save up. And for 56 sqn decals. So many options!

I like the weathering on this too, nice stains and darker lines, what did you use?

Fantastic rendition - love the different tones

Makes me want to get one

Rob

Very nice indeed. If you don`t mind me pointing out that the rear edge of the canopy should be clear .

Keith

Very smart Hunter. Ditto Britman - no frame at the rear of the canopy.

Cheers

Malcolm

I've seen many jet fighters in the air, yet none came close to Hunter when it came to straight flying. It flyes in a perfect straight line.

Very nice - love the shading you achieved on the camo - really like the underside also - It's a lovely shape of a jet, you're quite correct. Well done :) 

Great model, and that canopy! It's so clean - I bet some poor liney spent a couple of hours cleaning it!

On 2/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, Lord Riot said:

Love this, these Airfix Hunters are looking superb! Think I might have to save up. And for 56 sqn decals. So many options!

I like the weathering on this too, nice stains and darker lines, what did you use?

Tamiya weathering sets and The Detailer wash.

That's a lovely piece of work!

Lovely piece of work. 

I’m about to start work on a Revell 1/72 hunter. I’d be interested to know what colours you used on the inside of the air intakes?

Looks great, a lovely replica of an elegant aircraft. 

Pete

Habu12 you have paid a fine tribute to the beauty of the Hunter. Lovely build.

I remember being a kid and building the black plastic 1/72 hunter. (I think it was Revell.) I recall not knowing the aircraft but when it was built I thought it was just beautiful. (The plane, not my modeling. ;))

Earlier today I was looking at my near complete 1/32 Fg-9 in Iraqi colours. It is so close to completion... I need to find the undercarriage.

Your Hunter is just lovely. Thanks for posting. :)

Edited by Ham Hands

This looks great and is tempting me to buy this kit.

Dan