Hunt or be hunted. 1/48 Airfix Hunter F.6 247 Sqn

Many times when I build a subject I gain a new respect for its shape. And I thought I couldn’t appreciate the beautiful lines of the Hunter. But wow, this is just such a gorgeous jet! Definitely one of the best of all time. Anyway, I’m coming up with a new rating system for kits. It’ll be based on Doug Demuro’s “Doug Score”, if any of you are YouTube car guys. But it’s a dual block, five category system, of 100 points. Sounds complicated, I know. I’ll elaborate more later since I’ve nailed down all the categories 😆

but general impressions are the usual for new Airfix kits, very good fit, some good detail, but could use a bit more. Not that it matters much in the cockpit, as it’s black anyway, so you done much past the seat top. No major fit issues.

fHyRDiD.jpggZ5VDZW.jpg3kSINWl.jpg4Zgo9dZ.jpgLYSiGI0.jpgk4ccu7X.jpg

tZdsa03.jpgSQyzEax.jpg

• Like 54

Love this, these Airfix Hunters are looking superb! Think I might have to save up. And for 56 sqn decals. So many options!

I like the weathering on this too, nice stains and darker lines, what did you use?

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, Lord Riot said:

Love this, these Airfix Hunters are looking superb! Think I might have to save up. And for 56 sqn decals. So many options!

I like the weathering on this too, nice stains and darker lines, what did you use?

Tamiya weathering sets and The Detailer wash.

• Like 1

Habu12 you have paid a fine tribute to the beauty of the Hunter. Lovely build.

I remember being a kid and building the black plastic 1/72 hunter. (I think it was Revell.) I recall not knowing the aircraft but when it was built I thought it was just beautiful. (The plane, not my modeling. ;))

Earlier today I was looking at my near complete 1/32 Fg-9 in Iraqi colours. It is so close to completion... I need to find the undercarriage.

Your Hunter is just lovely. Thanks for posting. :)

Edited by Ham Hands
  • Thanks 1