Some GW figures from the vault.

Foxbat

Inbetween coats on my Pz IV for the group build, I dug out some old Games Workshop figures for a bit of mojo restoring. These old ones were in the same box, so I took a couple of pictures because, why not.

Dwarfs, a Jarl and his retinue by any other name.

NCv1IX0.jpg 

This one is a shaman from a campaign that came and went in the blink of a marketing campaign. I always liked the Celtic feel of the decoration. The bright sunlight has made him a bit overexposed but you get the idea.

R8fwjSj.jpg

And from the front. He's too small for a penny shot, so I've included a new 5p coin for scale. Think he's comfortably under the nominal 28mm he's meant to be :D 

mer3kTG.jpg

I'm sure the shaman should have had a familiar or monster servant and I have vague recollections of a swamp connection but I never got that figure, didn't game with themand just wasn't inspired to paint it. 

Andy

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Nice Weee little fellows,Sorry looking at them again they would make a nice convert for Middle Earth Dwarfs,Cheers.

They would. Always thought GW designers must have read a LOT of Tolkein, even before they introduced their Middle Earth game. Which used an odd scale of slightly smaller figures to the main fantasy range so you couldn't cross pollinate.

Andy

• Like 1

Nice work, I found some old Skaven (ratmen) the other day and have put them in my cabinet to represent times past.

I think the shaman is from the Albion campaign? He represents our damp and boggyily scepter'd isle.

W

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Nice work, I found some old Skaven (ratmen) the other day and have put them in my cabinet to represent times past.

I think the shaman is from the Albion campaign? He represents our damp and boggyily scepter'd isle.

W

Thank you. I also have some Skaven but I was never very happy with how they turned out.

Albion!! That was it. I've been wracking my brain since I posted the pic, I can go to sleep now :D 

Andy