Curtiss P-40N-5 Warhawk - 1:144 AFV Club

Mig88

Hello! Here's one of my first two kits completed this year. It's AFV Club's 1:144 Curtiss P-40N-5 Warhawk 663, flown by Wang Kuang Fu (6.5 kills), of the CACW's 7th FS/3rd FG, at Laohokow, China, January 1945.
I scratchbuilt the missing intake detail, the CBI radio blister and loop and the outer struts for the drop tank. I added a headrest, belts and stick in the cockpit.
I only realised the inaccurate setting of the tail wheel doors when it was too late. These come moulded with the fuselage halves and should be wide open, almost perpendicular to the fuselage. Since the tail wheel comes moulded next to one door, it was risky to fix it at that point.
The kit was fully painted and varnished by brush.

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome
Miguel

LmtQFCrPY0vN-kvh6iQhVdHZnc9L70tjDsvDJkWt

IKchP_aelTdK65ppMp18ga9wYa7jHQB7xeG1IZAY

KsK50efkTvPww1GkMhKQ_heH-zDgLKnl_DHkP11U

o164OUq6GoDLc4d-ZbXT1NK2tdzzJLXOYhLDyLXX

W8phl2HHvl1RTpY3n3_zbewybWTwBQymlbXoNGAG

iIArwPp6CmdcZWUz7DLsp4uYD1vL0mllmtQB4wy0

I66mvIMN8yJ4ojK4_HbUc9owgPynZiqZRUgIGIw4

beTAu1bNct2E9eTQlmihxVHOvlmhFaymVU73aCXU

_2DtYJOsOJ_uAPgg-lBKjMkyk1QvUTwqPb4uofkY

• Like 13

Have a Saturday morning post 'bump' for this nice, tiny build you have shared with us. 😎

I always have respect for anyone who can do a good brush build (as after all these years I'm only just getting the hang of it myself and still prefer spraying as much as possible). Even more respect when the whole model is smaller than some brushes. 🤔😉

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much everyone!

6 hours ago, IrritableRabbit said:

Even more respect when the whole model is smaller than some brushes. 🤔😉

Ha ha. Much appreciated Jonathan

58 minutes ago, Mark Joyce said:

Nice build, Miguel!  It's hard to believe it's only 144th scale.  It must have been hard to paint the green splotches on the wings, and even harder to scratchbuild those parts in such a small scale.

Actually Mark, the splotches weren't difficult at all but the scratchbuilding was indeed. Getting the shapes right for the intake well... almost :wall:!

Miguel