RPC's Gundam builds.

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Maybe give it a little black and gray paint and call it a scorch mark from battle damage ? 

Cheers, If I was going to weather the kit I probably would have, but I have stripped it fixed and added new "custom" decals... Got to leave overnight night before I flat coat it. 

IMG-20190910-215704.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely work. I have never tried a Gundam kit. A friend gave me a “freedom” one for a birthday gift. It’s interesting to see how different these kits go together compared to my usual Aeroplanes, cars, tanks etc. I will follow this thread for ideas on how to paint and construct. Thanks and keep up the good work, 🙌

John.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:55 PM, The Spadgent said:

Lovely work. I have never tried a Gundam kit. A friend gave me a “freedom” one for a birthday gift. It’s interesting to see how different these kits go together compared to my usual Aeroplanes, cars, tanks etc. I will follow this thread for ideas on how to paint and construct. Thanks and keep up the good work, 🙌

John.

Thanks for you comments John and glad its of some use. What scale and type is you Freedom? I have recently been making a 72 scale biplanes and finding out that that are very different plastic kits to build. You will find the Bandai kits are far superior in fit than anything else. I went with the Edwards plane kit as recommended by some club members but still found some major fit problems. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Thanks for you comments John and glad its of some use. What scale and type is you Freedom? I have recently been making a 72 scale biplanes and finding out that that are very different plastic kits to build. You will find the Bandai kits are far superior in fit than anything else. I went with the Edwards plane kit as recommended by some club members but still found some major fit problems. 

Hya.

it’s a 1/100 MG 

I’m used to old gnarled kits like 70s Airfix so this one will be like nothing else I’ve ever done. 🙌 hope you’re winning with the aeroplane. 😇

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Hya.

it’s a 1/100 MG 

I’m used to old gnarled kits like 70s Airfix so this one will be like nothing else I’ve ever done. 🙌 hope you’re wining with the aeroplane. 😇

Johnny.

The MG are very nice kits, lots of parts and lots to paint if you want too. There are 2 versions of the freedom the original MG and what they call the 2.0. They are both great kits but the 2.0 is amazing in it build and detail. 

2.0 freedom

The plane is almost finished, I have had a few problems with it mostly from have no idea what to expect and snapping wing struts... Build for it is here.

3 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

The MG are very nice kits, lots of parts and lots to paint if you want too. There are 2 versions of the freedom the original MG and what they call the 2.0. They are both great kits but the 2.0 is amazing in it build and detail. 

2.0 freedom

The plane is almost finished, I have had a few problems with it mostly from have no idea what to expect and snapping wing struts... Build for it is here.

It’s the first one. But it still looks great. 😇

I’ll pop over to look at your aeroplane. 🙌

• Like 1

OK so my next Gundam build has arrived,  the 1/144 Sinanju Stein ( Narrative Ver.) and a load of PE for it. I will have to finish the Nu before starting this but an example of what it should look like but I will be painting the PE.

aw-s07-hg-sinanju-stein-4.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 10:47 PM, The Spadgent said:

Nice! That’s a lot more detail than under the armour of my freedom. 🤩

Johnny

And about 1/2 the size of the one your building. 

So I have some new tools for scribing pannel lines, so getting used to them on this little fella. Very steep learning curve with plenty of ruff spots but better on this tham my stein that will be getting lots of custom alterations using these things.

IMG-20191130-125841.jpg
IMG-20191130-125711.jpg

He is the same hight as a GW space marine. 

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, rockpopandchips said:

And about 1/2 the size of the one your building

Really? Looks about the same to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I just popped upstairs to take a looksie. Regardless Tis lovely. Nice little staid thing too. 🙌

Jont.