Lt Udo Cordes ju 88 c-6 6(eis)kg3

Hi all, my second ju 88 build of the year,   in the markings of lt. Udo Cordes. 6 (Eis) kg3  Poltava may 1943. By April 1943 he had distroyed 63 locos and by May 1943 he was also credited  with 8 bridges, 19 tanks, 32  artillery pieces, 96 trucks and 9 complete trains making him one of kg3s most successful pilots. 

He was killed with his crew on 15 May 1943.while flying ju 88 c-6 w nr 360366. By this time he had destroyed 81 locos and 2 aircraft. 

The kit is revell's ju 88 c-6 kit no 04856

Quick boost mg 81's & pitot tube

Resin wheels 

Scatch built radio altimeter aerials

Streched sprue radio aerials

Aims decals. (as most references state codes are 5k+rt. I changed the 5k+et codes on the aims sheet) 

All paint are extacolor rlm 02, 66, 65, 70, 71, (humbrol 154 for the rlm 04 theater markings) 

Weathering  was by pastels and mrp exhaust soot. 

2019-02-15_02-59-21

2019-02-15_03-29-04

2019-02-15_03-00-40

2019-02-15_03-02-05

2019-02-17_03-54-24

2019-02-15_03-03-24

2019-02-15_03-05-12

Thank for looking, as always all comments are welcomed. Nick

Edited by Niknak
  • Like 21

3 hours ago, Greg Law said:

That is a nice build. The only suggestion I have is to mask the canopy. You will get a better result. Masking is a bit of a pain, but on a model like this, but it is worth it. Other than that it is a great result.

On 15/02/2019 at 18:47, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done Junkers :clap2:

Thanks Dennis,thanks Greg, this model naily did not get finished, had to partly  respray it  as was going to be in different markings and wasn't happy with the result, also some of the conopie masks were an to long and marked the Johnson, when removing them removed some of the conopie frames.was going to replace the rear sections of the canopie but would probably be worse. So hand paint them and reapply the Johnsons. Just noticed I have missed some of the frames when I hand painted them.haven't had a build like this one for a while, all my fault thou. Building two models at the same never goes well for me.  😢

Edited by Niknak
  • Like 1

I do know what you mean. I just finished my Frog / Russian kit  Blenheim. I will show it in my work in progress thread only. My canopy was very hard to fit nicely and the scribing into that hard plastic was a nightmare.

My masking came off well considering it was on there for over a year I think. Still it is good to get these builds done isn't it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I do know what you mean. I just finished my Frog / Russian kit  Blenheim. I will show it in my work in progress thread only. My canopy was very hard to fit nicely and the scribing into that hard plastic was a nightmare.

My masking came off well considering it was on there for over a year I think. Still it is good to get these builds done isn't it. 

Yip Greg, I think these type of builds are a good learning curve and a good experience , my dad always told me a good Modeller is a Modeller that can hid there mistakes well. Nick