Checkin' in from Vancouver Island

wingslinger

Technically not a new member (turns out I've been a member here for 12 years) but been away for some time. Life can get busy. Seems I haven't been active here for about 8 years, so I figured I'd reintroduce myself. 

I'm a photographer by trade, originally from Nottingham, UK but after stints in France and California I now find myself living on the western edge of North America, on Vancouver Island, in the beautiful province of British Columbia, Canada. I'm not currently an active builder but still very much interested in aviation history and photography–mostly military although I have a soft spot for smaller general aviation subjects (I spent some time learning to fly in a 172 when I lived in the US). 

• Like 2

Welcome back wingslinger.  Vancouver Island is a favourite destination for my wife and me.  We also like Vancouver City but it has lost a few good hobby shops over the years, especially in New Westminster.

Do you have any good aviation photo's that you could share here?

Mike

@bootneck... I lived in Vancouver for a couple of years when I first moved up here, then my wife and I moved out to Tsawwassen and then on to the island. It's very lovely here. 

If you're interested you can check out my aviation photography, currently, on Instagram. (My own personal website is going to be entirely reworked over the next few months).