This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

milktrip

1/72 S-61N. C/N 61143 G-AYOM BEA helicopters

Hello,

I would like to present my Revell / Whirlybirds 1/72 S-61N G-AYOM.  This was started as a part of a group build in 2015 but it has sat on the shelf of doom collecting dust.  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975281-s-61n-cn-61143-g-ayom-bea-helicopters-172/

Finally finished it late last year.  Pleased its finished but the painting etc is not my best but I have improved since I started this. 

46166760585_bc5f5ec8f5_z.jpg

47080059621_4a5a5ff42e_z.jpg

47080059681_0e7176988b_z.jpg

47080059711_2378d7225d_z.jpg

40115230193_c83ef25800_z.jpg

40115230183_e01bb09491_z.jpg

47080059691_8600a7bc01_z.jpg

40115230203_efb8587f64_z.jpg

Thanks for looking

Aaron

Beautiful model!

The effort really paid off!

Congratulations.

oh very yes - an all time favourite of mine - lovely to see another build of this quite tricky conversion kit. I also made this in the BA Negus colour scheme and thoroughly enjoyed building Roger's conversion kit. I have a post card of your BEA colour scheme chopper reloading on the ground at Penzance.

Your model is smashing - I really do love it and can appreciate all the work you have put into building it. It is also the first I have seen completed model of this kit in this BEA livery. It is crying out for a diorama...

Please forgive me for jumping in here and adding a picture of my own here, but the 2 models definitely belong on the same page to hopefully encourage others to try the model - the Scilly Isles service was unique and made the S61n / nm a very special helicopter for the fare-paying public to use.

DSC_7680

Very nice - brings back happy memories of holidays on the Scillies when I was young and less happy ones of being trussed up in a survival suit heading out to North Sea rigs when a bit older!

Very well done Aaron, she looks great.

I wondered what you had been up to as I hadn't seen you post anything for a while.

I think the colour scheme is really good, very eye catching.

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very well done Aaron, she looks great.

I wondered what you had been up to as I hadn't seen you post anything for a while.

I think the colour scheme is really good, very eye catching.

Thanks Craig, Yeah, I've been absent from forums for a while.  However, I've still been fettling away in  the modelling room though :D.  How are you getting on? 

Looks good, nice to see something different.

8 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

oh very yes - an all time favourite of mine - lovely to see another build of this quite tricky conversion kit. I also made this in the BA Negus colour scheme and thoroughly enjoyed building Roger's conversion kit. I have a post card of your BEA colour scheme chopper reloading on the ground at Penzance.

Your model is smashing - I really do love it and can appreciate all the work you have put into building it. It is also the first I have seen completed model of this kit in this BEA livery. It is crying out for a diorama...

Please forgive me for jumping in here and adding a picture of my own here, but the 2 models definitely belong on the same page to hopefully encourage others to try the model - the Scilly Isles service was unique and made the S61n / nm a very special helicopter for the fare-paying public to use.

Thank you very much!  It certainly is a tricky kit and requires some perseverance and no bother at all, please feel free to post pictures of your kit.  When I first started building the kit, your's was the only built kit I could find.  Its absolutely splendid and was a big inspiration to build mine so thank you for sharing.  I have since seen another two completed kits;  One in Bristows livery which has been displayed at model shows as part of the Scottish aviation SIG and another was a photo of another BA aircraft (IIRC) that was taken by a member of my local modelling club at one of the Scottish modelling shows; can't recall which one but i think it was on the competition table.  Such a beautiful aircraft, I've been inside one during a SAR upgrade fit but never flew in one.  As for Diorama, I did find a photo of a BEA S-61N with ah volkswagen T-2 bus alongside;  I have contemplated trying to recreate a similar scene - nothing as inspiring as yours though!  

thanks

Aaron