1/72 F-22 Raptor

My first F-22, i try to replica the Raptor scheme silver look but i failed :( I tried to paint the model in Silver and put thin layer of Gray over it but it was just a mess. So i doing it again this time no Silver first. After the basic color is done. I tint the whole model in Silver paint , and it have some shinny and spark of silver look :D The weapon bay doors i notice that it was in wrong position and i fixed it but too bad i forgot to take the photos again . 

The canopy from the kit is clear , so i paint clear orange over it to make a tinted canopy and polished with Tamiya compound, lucky it was not fog.

I made a video build about this model in my Youtube channel, you guys can check it out, link is in my signature.

Here is photos of the finished model

IMG_6306IMG_6307IMG_6308

IMG_6315IMG_6311IMG_6316IMG_6299

Edited by TranDuy
  • Like 18

Excellent work again :thumbsup: ... If i were to paint it myself. I would add about 5-10% aluminum to the camouflage colors themselves ? That way the reflectivity is built into and not over the paint. But thats just my thoughts on the subject. Again i say excellent work. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone ^^

On 2/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent work again :thumbsup: ... If i were to paint it myself. I would add about 5-10% aluminum to the camouflage colors themselves ? That way the reflectivity is built into and not over the paint. But thats just my thoughts on the subject. Again i say excellent work. 

oh i never thought of that, thank you my friend, i will try it out in my next raptor :D 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:31 PM, SA80A2AR said:

how do you get the windows tinted??   i would like to know and give it a try.

You can Airbrush the inside with tamiya X-19 Smoke in thin layers building up the colour. If you want to add a colour tint, mix in some clear orange, blue, green or red and spray thin layers building up the oppacity to a level you like.

When I did an F-117 I used a mix of smoke and clear orange to get the right colour, I've just done an F-22 myself, the Revell boxing where the clear part is in a clear yellow, so I just used smoke to add a thin layer and darken it a little.

There are bespoke clear colours made by some manufacturers for armoured glass and tinted glass etc as well if you want to go that route.

Rich

Edited by Rich G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2019 at 1:09 PM, Maverick231 said:

Cracking build mate and one Ive already watched before seeing this thread!

Its also nice to see bombs mounted on a raptor!

Thank you for your support my friend :D

On 2/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, Frank083 said:

Great looking Raptor! 👍👍👍

Thank you so muchhh :D