Available kits of the Hampden?

Stressy

I have the Valom kit that is the one today sold by AZ with a few differences.

Plastic parts look very nice in the box with good interior and exterior detail. Fit may not necessarily be the best side of this kit though... The original Valom kit was known for having ill fitting transparencies as they were a tad wider than the fuselage. The AZ kit corrected these parts and they now seem to fit fine. IIRC AZ removed the various photoetch parts included in the Valom kit but today I'd probably buy the AZ box even without PE rather than the original Valom.

I've been often tempted to start this kit but I've never done so, maybe it's time to give it a go

The Airfix kit is not at all bad for its age and still worth building if you use the Falcon transparencies and don;t mind adding a bit of interior detail, plus re-shaping the wing-tips slightly. You can rescribe or not as you see fit.  The AZ rendition of the Valom kit is quite nice and signifcaintly more modern.

AZ one here:

and here:

Good example of what you can make of the Airfix one wit ha little modelling work here :

Hi

presumaby the bilek hampden is the airfix kit ? 

i often wonder if a hampden will be the subject of a 'new' airfix kit, in a few years time

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

14 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

i often wonder if a hampden will be the subject of a 'new' airfix kit, in a few years time

A lot of us out here are hoping for exactly that, in 1/72 and 1/48.

I have a couple of Airfix and AZ in the stash patiently waiting their turn.  I did build the Airfix kit when it first came out, but I think I can do a better job now.  I remember it as being quite a good build, but then again, perhaps that's my memory being kind!

On 15/02/2019 at 02:09, brewerjerry said:

I often wonder if a Hampden will be the subject of a 'new' Airfix kit, in a few years time

cheers

jerry

Airfix took some nice pictures at Cosford this year, I wonder what else they did? :wicked:

I'm taking bets we will see a 1/48 Hampden in the not too distant future. :whistle: