Thinking about Repainting my sideshow collectibles Death Dealer. What do you think?

Steff84

Hi folks,

I bought this statue maybe 8-9 years ago and I always liked the size and sculpting even though it's not very accurate to the comic. BUT! I always disliked the painting. 

The skin looks like plastic and the rocks are the same color as the branches, skulls and even the Orc head. Just one flat color. The blood has brush strokes, the eyes are not completely red, the back of the helmet is flesh color and and and...

I was thinking if I should do a complete overhaul. Maybe adding LEDs to the eyes and a switch to the base. That means, open the head, dremel out a way for the cables and, well, a total repaint. 

Right now I'm hesitant out of 2 reasons.

1. Time! I fear it will end up on the table for a veeeery long time due to the lack of time and maybe it will never be finished.

2. It's a collectible. Even though I don't really care about the fact, it would be a shame if I destroy and never finish it, when somebody else could have fun with it. 

What do you think? Just risk it and give it a go or search for an other project?

dd01.jpg

dd02.jpg

dd03.jpg

Stefan

Both of you have solid points.

I don't intend to sell it to just anybody. If I would sell it, it would be to a friend who always wanted it but could't get his hands on one of the statues. 

I checked if I could find a damaged one but only found the new bronze version of the statue with the shield. And a mint one for over 300$ without shipping. So I guess I will talk to my friend and go from there. 

Thanks for your inputs!